GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Columbus, Oct. 7th 7pm ET MSG, ESPN+ and WGR550

jsb

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

One pound total or on average?

average weight:

199.1818 Sabres

198.2609 Blue Jackets

so if we want to be technical it isn't 1 entire lb.

Height is:

72.727 Sabres

73.261 Blue Jackets

This includes all players currently on the roster as I am not going to guess on lines and such. If someone finds the CBJ lines I could reconfigure for that. If you really want I can do the Sabres based on who will play. 

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

NBCSN pays for exclusive broadcast rights from my understanding. That is why it gets blacked out. 

Wouldn't ESPN+ want to do that same? 

I dunno.  At this point this is more of a philosophical argument since we haven't really run across this before (I don't think ESPN+ carried games in previous years).  We'll just wait and see I guess.

Edited by Doohickie

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Wouldn't ESPN+ want to do that same? 

I dunno.  At this point this is more of a philosophical argument since we haven't really run across this before (I don't think ESPN+ carried games in previous years).  We'll just wait and see I guess.

No because ESPN isn't going to pay for exclusive rights. 

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Do you know this?  Or are you just guessing?

Why would ESPN pay money for exclusive rights and then only have the game on their streaming service? If they were broadcasting it on ESPN 2 than sure but considering the NHL has almost no partnership with ESPN I just can't see them blacking out a game on their streaming service for ESPN to promote ESPN+ unless ESPN paid for exclusive rights which then goes back to why wouldn't ESPN broadcast the game? 

I am guessing though to answer the question. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm afraid to watch

last year, when I didn't watch games, we often won. I haven't been able to watch either game so far this year (ok, so dark and I were streaming it between acts at a concert but I wasn't truly watching all the way through)

I don't wanna jinx it
oh god I'm so superstitious 

I can't paint anyone either- I'm kryptonite for whoever I paint ? 

Edited by josie

Just now, josie said:

I'm afraid to watch

last year, when I didn't watch games, we often won. I haven't been able to watch either game so far this year (ok, so dark and I were streaming it between acts at a concert but I wasn't truly watching all the way through)

I don't wanna jinx it

Superstition is dumb!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, josie said:

I'm afraid to watch

I don't wanna jinx it

Can you paint Rip Simonick?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Aaaahhhhhh, gotta love a good GDT trying to hit 1,000 posts. Paintings, superstition, curses, Dumb & Dumber, weights & measures, Satan, Stevie Wonder, etc.

I'm just trying to paint a picture in my head as to whether or not "fancy stats" are superstition or just a curse, and if Satan were 1lb heavier and/or 1in taller if he would've been a Blue Jacket instead of a Sabre, and can anyone tell me why that song isn't the Buffalo sports teams theme song.

• Like (+1) 2