What do you need to see before you're totally bought in?

StuckinFL

2 hours ago, Weave said:

*sigh*  You too? Don't stoop to this.

Narrative is nothing more than an opinion you don't agree with. We all have them.  I hate that this place has taken to being so dismissive of other opinions this way.

I disagree. Narrative can be a simple opinion, I suppose, but I don't think that's how it's used. When opinions are presented as fact, or when facts are twisted or manufactured to fit an opinion, that's when "narrative" gets used. 

42 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I disagree. Narrative can be a simple opinion, I suppose, but I don't think that's how it's used. When opinions are presented as fact, or when facts are twisted or manufactured to fit an opinion, that's when "narrative" gets used. 

In here?  I don't think there is nearly that much thought put into the use of that word.  It's used as commonly as calls for Hutton to be benched.

That's like, your narrative, man.

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

In here?  I don't think there is nearly that much thought put into the use of that word.  It's used as commonly as calls for Hutton to be benched.

While true, it doesn't mean that there aren't some actual narratives in play, here.

25 minutes ago, Weave said:

the dude your opinion GIF

Edited by Thorny
...had to be done

20 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The coach not pulling the goalie at any time after Eichel scored to make it 4-1 is Exhibit A. And, no, this is not the beginning of my turning against Ralph. I still believe in Krueger.

They should fired fat Pugsley and let Krueger take his spot as GM. Then Kreuger can hire that bearded Viking guy Modo campaigned for and he can put the fear of Odin into them.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Weave said:

*sigh*  You too? Don't stoop to this.

Narrative is nothing more than an opinion you don't agree with. We all have them.  I hate that this place has taken to being so dismissive of other opinions this way.

When I use the term narrative, I mean the long standing comments on subjects that have been overly digested, crapped out, regurgitated, reconsumed, and crapped out again.

Things like:

Discussing the ROR trade, the tank, signing of Drury/Briere (lack thereof), etc.  They get injected into conversations after you've hoped they died off.  Those narratives.  It's not even what I agree or disagree with, it's that at some point there's nothing more to add to the conversation.

6 minutes ago, LTS said:

When I use the term narrative, I mean the long standing comments on subjects that have been overly digested, crapped out, regurgitated, reconsumed, and crapped out again.

Things like:

Discussing the ROR trade, the tank, signing of Drury/Briere (lack thereof), etc.  They get injected into conversations after you've hoped they died off.  Those narratives.  It's not even what I agree or disagree with, it's that at some point there's nothing more to add to the conversation.

It’s not like the team has given these forum members anything else to talk about.  We are bad today because of what we discuss post ‘07.

SDS, might as well close shop.

Edited by Weave
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Cheektorado said:

I'll be totally bought in when I don't see Sabres Tickets going for $12.48 on StubHub.

As far as I am aware, that's kind of high.

Thank you can get 'em for @$6 at least for some seats.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad; and I do feel for season ticket holders who have to watch their money evaporate like that.

I’ve been reading the articles where they’re saying “ we know we’re a good team “. I’ll be bought in 100% when I hear them be 100% honest with themselves and each other about how craptastic they actually are. 

I read where Ralph said he put Jimmy Vesey up with Jack and Skinner on what is essentially the fourth line so as to spread the scoring around and have a defensive aspect to each line. Spread what scoring around Ralph ? I s’pose I’ll buy in again when guys like Vesey and ERod  just aren’t good enough to crack this lineup. 

Ya I'm tired of that "we know we're a good team" thing too. Lack of accountability is a real thing in this organization.A lot of them are I guess simply delusional, or they know, but they just feed the fans and the press the same garbage and expect us to keep believing it. I wanted it to be better this year. I wanted Krueger to be the answer, but it simply isn't. We were a one line team last year and spread it around all you want Ralph, but it's still a one line team (maybe one and a half when all healthy). 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, bunomatic said:

I’ve been reading the articles where they’re saying “ we know we’re a good team “. I’ll be bought in 100% when I hear them be 100% honest with themselves and each other about how craptastic they actually are. 

I read where Ralph said he put Jimmy Vesey up with Jack and Skinner on what is essentially the fourth line so as to spread the scoring around and have a defensive aspect to each line. Spread what scoring around Ralph ? I s’pose I’ll buy in again when guys like Vesey and ERod  just aren’t good enough to crack this lineup. 

This is why I'm taking the long view here.  Things have no chance of improving as long as Botterill is the GM.

So Job #1 is move him off the team.  How long will that take? What will it take? 

And it will mean still mean nothing if Job #2 isn't done well: replace him with someone who is competent.

Let's say we waved a magic wand and put this team into a first round playoff series.  Can you imagine this group of soft cream puffs going at it in a 7 game series where opposing players are going 110% to win?  The massively increased physicality of that, the wars along the walls, tightening up in front of the nets...

We would get humiliated. 

This team is constructed in no way to win in the playoffs. Botterill doesn't even know what I'm talking about. 

(I guess it doesn't matter as they aren't constructed to win in the regular season either as it turns out).

LOL

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

As far as I am aware, that's kind of high.

Thank you can get 'em for @$6 at least for some seats.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad; and I do feel for season ticket holders who have to watch their money evaporate like that.

Exactly.  Fans and how they spend their money is the best indicator I can think of.  LOL but it's true.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Hank said:

Three games above .500. Contending for a playoff spot. I'm still bought in. 

Negative.  They are 13-15, i.e. 2 games below DeLuca .500. 

If they get to 3 games above DeLuca .500 and can stay there (or better) into February, we'll see quite a bit more buy-in. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If they get to 3 games above DeLuca .500 and can stay there (or better) into February, we'll see quite a bit more buy-in. 

Thanks for clarifying!

Go Sabres

32 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Positive. They have three more wins than losses. Deluca .500 is not relevant. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.