GDT: NJ Devils @ Buffalo Sabres, 10-5-2019, 7pm ET (MSG, WGR)

Doohickie

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Love it.  His demeanor exudes confidence.... like, "I knew we'd score first."

If we're being completely honest, a big part of that is we're winning. Coaches who stood there like that when losing have been pilloried 'round these parts. 

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jeez pass a puck Auston

Preferably to Johnsson, whom I drafted in fantasy anticipating goals... 

• SDS unpinned this topic
9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

At what point does New Jersey do something with Hughes? Per Manny Elk has Corsi through two games is 9%. I realize it’s been two games, but He doesn’t have the strength to compete in the NHL yet. Let him dominate the A? Or would the USHL or CHL be best for him? 

To grow 3 more inches and add 30 lbs would help.  He’ll get better as he gets used to the speed of the game.  

Wow!! Two great games. Really fun to watch.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                My feeling throughout this past off season was that Jbot should bring in a true number one goalie. They showed flashes of greatness but were terribly inconsistent last year. I think the pressure was to much  trying to carry the team and keep them in games. But as long as we can keep outshooting our opponents and spend more time in the O zone, I think they will be fine this year. Carter has looked good, hope it continues.

Can’t add anything that hasn’t already been said.  This is the start to a season that every fan hopes for.  The biggest difference is their consistency each period.  This is the best the Sabres have looked in years.  I really love the Dahlin - Miller pairing.  Miller is better than advertised.  RaKru has these men playing well. Let’s keep rolling!   

Go Sabres!

beer

Edited by Beer
  • Like (+1) 4

Oh and hats off to the organization and that wonderful home opener celebration.  It was awesome to see that many former captains on the ice before the game AND to have RJ as the MC was special.  Thanks Pegulas!

24 minutes ago, Beer said:

Can’t add anything that hasn’t already been said.  This is the start to a season that every fan hopes for.  The biggest difference is their consistency each period.  This is the best the Sabres have looked in years.  I really love the Dahlin - Miller pairing.  Miller is better than advertised.  RaKru has these men playing well. Let’s keep rolling!   

Go Sabres!

beer

My spreadsheet has declared victory in this edition of stats vs narrative. 

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Weave said:

Agreed.  It sure looks like they are a capable team right now.  The in division games will be interesting to watch.

Yes sir. 

Bruins, Leafs and Canadians are real testers and FLA is no slouch either.

Add the Conference teams like the Bolts, Caps and Hurricanes and that's where we will see how well our team stands up.

Not going to be easy to get to Playoffs through the East but that just makes for a stronger team once you do get there.    

13 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Somewhere, @nfreeman is clinging to the idea Reinhart is slow. 

Just making sure people saw this. ?

11 hours ago, spndnchz said:

814517FA-0F77-4C43-8714-9839B0C5BB8E.jpeg

What the hell did you do to that guy behind him?

As far as the game goes, @CallawaySabres is happy, That’s all anyone really needs to know.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Just making sure people saw this. ?

What the hell did you do to that guy behind him?

As far as the game goes, @CallawaySabres is happy, That’s all anyone really needs to know.

Not only am i happy, my kids said it was one of the best nights of their lives. I turned down a trip to Italy because of work and last night alone made it all worth it.....still smiling.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

Not only am i happy, my kids said it was one of the best nights of their lives. I turned down a trip to Italy because of work and last night alone made it all worth it.....still smiling.

Proof that misery of a genuine Sabres fan should never be construed as wanting them to fail. 

We all want the same thing here, friends

• Like (+1) 6