GDT: NJ Devils @ Buffalo Sabres, 10-5-2019, 7pm ET (MSG, WGR)

Doohickie

At what point does New Jersey do something with Hughes? Per Manny Elk has Corsi through two games is 9%. I realize it’s been two games, but He doesn’t have the strength to compete in the NHL yet. Let him dominate the A? Or would the USHL or CHL be best for him? 

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Skinner flopped. 

At the same time, nobody touch Jeff's ankle!!!

Good lord, that was nothing next to the Academy Award performance put in by McDavid tonight with about 7.5 minutes left in the game.  Skated right into a Kings defender, grabbed onto him and flailed like he was getting buttraped to draw an interference penalty that led to the winning goal.  So glad we have Eichel.  McD is a bitch, just like Crosby.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Eichel is a special player

and really wants Victor to score 

When Olofsson was up with the team late last season, recall that Jack was constantly talking to him on ice and on the bench.  Jack loves Victor and saw something in him Phil did not.  I love catching glimpses of that - like tonight with Jack communicating with Olofsson with the head movement.  Soon they'll just need to glance at each other.  I bet you dollars to donuts Jack and Samson already have that going on.  Says a lot about how Jack thinks the game, which is not Xs and Os.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't know if we're good, but we're not boring 

So, during the 10 game streak last year, several of you were right in there with the "this is not sustainable".  Now, in reflection, the eye test really did tell us that.  There was a lot of "puck luck" and "they're learning to win" replies to that.  

What do we have now?  Is this sustainable?  Are they amped up because it's the beginning of the season and had something to prove and this type of play will disappear, or has RK figured out a way to sustain this - and if so, is this even the best they can play?  I see no sense in pondering how far they could drop, we have seen that.  

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

At what point does New Jersey do something with Hughes? Per Manny Elk has Corsi through two games is 9%. I realize it’s been two games, but He doesn’t have the strength to compete in the NHL yet. Let him dominate the A? Or would the USHL or CHL be best for him? 

Maybe Pee Wee.

Just now, ... said:

So, during the 10 game streak last year, several of you were right in there with the "this is not sustainable".  Now, in reflection, the eye test really did tell us that.  There was a lot of "puck luck" and "they're learning to win" replies to that.  

What do we have now?  Is this sustainable?  Are they amped up because it's the beginning of the season and had something to prove and this type of play will disappear, or has RK figured out a way to sustain this - and if so, is this even the best they can play?  I see no sense in pondering how far they could drop, we have seen that.  

I'm sure we'll find out in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.  (I will.)

My cousin posted this on FB:

Dreaming

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Good lord, that was nothing next to the Academy Award performance put in by McDavid tonight with about 7.5 minutes left in the game.  Skated right into a Kings defender, grabbed onto him and flailed like he was getting buttraped to draw an interference penalty that led to the winning goal.  So glad we have Eichel.  McD is a bitch, just like Crosby.

cowboy no GIF

3 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

Hard to say, with two convincing wins....I would not be surprised if the teams stands pat with this lineup until they lose or somebody gets hurt.  It will be interesting if Hutton gets the nod again on Monday.

Yeah I don’t see it happening until they lose but Vesey seems invisible to me. 

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jeez pass a puck Auston

He'll probably score 50. 

I know it's blasphemy to many, but when talking 2 comparable talents, I'll take the smooth-dishing playmaker over the sniper every time. Just a stylistic preference really, ultimately the elite vision impresses most, IMO

Jack's probably a better goal scorer than Matthews is passer. At least if he can iron out his breakaways. And I think he can be/already is as good of a playmaker as Auston is a goal scorer. Maybe not quite as Matthews is near the top of the league at his strength, and Jack statistically hasn't done that yet, in Assists. But Jack has a top 10 league assist season in him, I think.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He'll probably score 50. 

I know it's blasphemy to many, but when talking 2 comparable talents, I'll take the smooth-dishing playmaker over the sniper every time. Just a stylistic preference really, ultimately the elite vision impresses most, IMO

Jack's probably a better goal scorer than Matthews is passer. At least if he can iron out his breakaways. And I think he can be/already is as good of a playmaker as Auston is a goal scorer. Maybe not quite as Matthews is near the top of the league at his strength, but Jack has a top 10 league assist season in him, I think.

He might score 50...in 50 lol

Sometimes that man just looks unstoppable

I know Olofsson was really small in his draft year but how does he last until round seven? He’s a sneaky good passer like Reinhart, he wins battles, he kills penalties, his shot is not only quick and hard but very accurate. He’s coachable. What was not to like? 

Methinks fans will jump on the bandwagon because he’s going to score goals with Jack and on that PP, but he’s an all around player. 

• Like (+1) 2

I went out tonight so i recorded this and just finished watching it. here's my in depth analysis:

Damn, that was f'n awesome!!!!!

Most fun I've had watching the Sabres since I don't know when. Total domination. All the stuff's already been said, I'm just going to add I said parts of the Pitt game were dull D hockey. This time none of it was dull. That was maybe the road version this is the home version. This season just might be fun..............

I believe in Kreuger! 

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He will have to score from the neutral zone against us because McCabe/Risto will flatten him like a pancake at the blue line ?

The leafs blew a 4-1 lead last night. Yeah they're scoring but are losing goals at the other end too. Will be an interesting match up against us. 

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

At some point I thought to look for him (or, tbh, a top pick whose name I could not recall). Never noticed him.