GDT: NJ Devils @ Buffalo Sabres, 10-5-2019, 7pm ET (MSG, WGR)

Doohickie

A rare game on tv here in kelowna (free preview) and what an enjoyable performance.

let us hope this type of effort is given more often than not. Nice win. Some nice goals. Jack looks like he may take it to another level and so he should! He needs to show Mcdavid that he’s right there and not so far off his game. Shout out to VO, Sammy, Defense corps

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Wow! Just Wow! What a great home opener,   Once again... Who are these guys?????!!!!   I was emotionally prepared that with all the pressure and the pomp and circumstance of all the pre-game ceremony of the 50th anniversary and Captain's Night.  What a team win.  Keep the focus boys.  Its a looong season.  Keep it up.  Buffalove!!!    NEW COACH, NEW SEASON, LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!!! Clap!Clap!...Clap!Clap!Clap!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

2 very convincing efforts so far.  How long can it last?

I love the way we are playing right now.

After last years streak, discussions equated it to puck luck. I think any streaks this year will be attributed to team effort, speed and creativity. Risto and McCabe bouncing opponents off the ice doesn’t hurt either.

• Like (+1) 1

Can’t complain about much there. I bet Ullmark starts the next game. Rodrigues may take Okposo spot he was a little slow out there. Jokiharju and Scandella are the weakest link, and there’s very little to complain about there.  Sobotka is suddenly a forechecker out of nowhere. Krueger was such a difference. This team looks happy and they’ve earned it. McCabe is playing like he’s a hero. My wife actually stayed awake for the whole game because it was entertaining for once. Hope the wave never slows down. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

A rare game on tv here in kelowna (free preview) and what an enjoyable performance.

let us hope this type of effort is given more often than not. Nice win. Some nice goals. Jack looks like he may take it to another level and so he should! He needs to show Mcdavid that he’s right there and not so far off his game. Shout out to VO, Sammy, Defense corps

I'd argue effort was never the biggest issue.  We've been a young team or at least our best players are that did not know how to play NHL hockey. 

Bylsma came from Pittsburgh where they were full of seasoned vet's and Housley wasn't ready to be a head coach and certainly not of a young team.

We have a teacher and it appears to be exactly what we needed.

• Like (+1) 2