GDT: NJ Devils @ Buffalo Sabres, 10-5-2019, 7pm ET (MSG, WGR)

Doohickie

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I want to stay cautious because of the streak but there are reasons this feels and (early statistics, eye test) seems different. 

During the streak last year every game felt like we were lucky to pull a win out of our ass.

The first four periods this year we have dominated and deserved every goal!

This feels legit, last year felt like smoke and mirrors.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

I was at the MON game during the streak last year. That was nothing compared to what I've seen so far. This is beastly.

It's still early though, we should remember. Don't quite have an idea for opponent quality this early. NJ should be pretty good though, though they are on a back to back. But as mentioned I'm not sure that would really factor in this early in a season.

They do certainly LOOK much better, though, extremely encouraging. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ogrish said:

During the streak last year every game felt like we were lucky to pull a win out of our ass.

The first four periods this year we have dominated and deserved every goal!

This feels legit, last year felt like smoke and mirrors.

I agree, but I don't want to do the streak dirty, I think there were like 3 or 4 wins where we were legitimately ahead or even with the play. 

Leadership and direction from the coach means a lot more than most people give credit for. Like anything, good coaches help players reach their potential...poor coaches help players stay far away from their potential...

I'm telling you this team is going to be far better than people think...and it starts with leadership from the coach.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's still early though, we should remember. Don't quite have an idea for opponent quality this early. NJ should be pretty good though, though they are on a back to back. But as mentioned I'm not sure that would really factor in this early in a season.

They do certainly LOOK much better, though, extremely encouraging. 

The stats are matching the eye test thus far. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Leadership and direction from the coach means a lot more than most people give credit for. Like anything, good coaches help players reach their potential...poor coaches help players stay far away from their potential...

I'm telling you this team is going to be far better than people think...and it starts with leadership from the coach.

I believe you are dead on correct. He's got every one of them to buy in to the system, the process. And it shows. What a difference this guy has made, not only that, but the players, to commit to it, just what a difference.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, StuckinFL said:

How long has it been since we've seen the Sabres look absolutely dominant in a game? They look absolutely amazing. I'm scared to be this excited, but it's hitting me HARD. 

Me too.  After last year I’m and cautious but optimistic. 

• Like (+1) 1