No Morning Skates Prior to Home Games

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What do you define as… “Theme song“? Let’s start there....

Well, they don't skate out to Sabre Dance anymore, and haven't forever, and they don't play it after goals, so how would it be a theme song?

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Well, they don't skate out to Sabre Dance anymore, and haven't forever, and they don't play it after goals, so how would it be a theme song?

The organist always (usually, anyway) plays it and it's played every time I tune in to the postgame show on WGR. I agree with what you're saying about frequency and use, but it's still the team's theme song until something else replaces it. It sure as hell isn't LMCMT.

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The organist always (usually, anyway) plays it and it's played every time I tune in to the postgame show on WGR. I agree with what you're saying about frequency and use, but it's still the team's theme song until something else replaces it. It sure as hell isn't LMCMT.

There's the logical misstep. There is no theme song.

Edited by Eleven

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

If you define a theme song as only a song or music they skate out to or plays after a goal is scored.... then yes the Sabre Dance Song is not “the theme song”.

I don’t, so therefore I view the Sabre Dance song is and will forever be “theme song” for the franchise/team/organization. I’ve seen (heard) several songs thru the years the team skates to as they come out just before the anthems. I’ve seen (heard) several songs thru the years the “entertainment czar” chooses to play when the team scores a goal at home. I’ve never thought of it as a theme song. Besides the Sabre Dance Song.

agree to disagree.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

My bad.....!!!!

Something I found out pretty recently is that Rick called Buffalo Bisons games in their final season, 69-70, that culminated in a Calder Cup for the Bisons. So, apparently, he has called a hockey championship for Buffalo, just not the one we've wanted. I'd love to hear a recording of that one. Alas... Also, in 71-72, his first season calling Sabres games, he was voice of the team's AHL affiliate in Cincinnati, the Swords. That gig was probably owing to the fact that he called very few Sabres games that season. Only when games were on TV and Ted Darling slipped to the TV booth did Rick step in and do games on the radio in Ted's place. And not many games were televised in 71-72.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.