Game 1, Ice time....

mjd1001

We have no idea how RK will handle ice time right now.  For all we know, this game was the outlier.  All I'm willing to consider, right now, is that I expect not to see the simplistic approach to minutes we would get from so many other coaches.  The outside-the-box approach is one of the reasons RK was hired.

41 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Anyone concerned about ice time in that very telling game either didn't see it or doesn't fully appreciate what was accomplished.  We appear to have a well coached, dedicated team for the first time in eons.  The fresh air should be enjoyed as it's finally accessible. 

I don't think most of us aren't appreciating the win or what we saw...but this is a discussion forum..and talking about ice time can lead to a very good discussion:  1. Maybe not after one game but the trend of who is getting ice time and who isn't...tells a lot about what the coaching staff things of players and how much they trust them in each sitiation....2. A very heavy workload for a young player, a player not used to it...or a player that struggles with frequent injuries can be something to keep an eye on down the road.

17 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I could honestly buy into Dahlin being sheltered a bit. I wouldn't make him last in ice time or anything, but let's see what fine-tuning Ralph has in store for him. Surely Ralph noticed the propensity for hand grenades last year.

Ok well, his pair WAS last. Hope that changes. 

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Who made terrible glaring mistakes game in and game out.  Me thinks RaKru is putting Rasmus in the best position to succeed. Let's give it time and see where it goes. 

Ok! Like I said, net neutral! 

- - - 

After this season I hope Botterill and Krueger can convince Dahlin to sign for a nice extension in the $2.85 mil per range to match McCabe’s. No D on this team should have an AAV more than our best defender.

Don’t see why we’d want to pay more for a player who sees the ice less than Sobotka, anyways. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Except for the fact Dahlin scored, McCabe was the best player on the ice and we won. Yes, definitely asinine. 

Things are literally trending towards the point where, if we win, nothing may be criticized. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Things are literally trending towards the point where, if we win, nothing may be criticized. 

I’ll have the discussion if he used the word “interesting” or “curious”. To use the word “asinine” is, well, asinine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

And not fer nothing, with all the PK time, do we really want are 20 yo defensive face of the franchise out there taking bombs from the point for an extra 6 minutes in game freakin one?!

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I’ll have the discussion if he used the word “interesting” or “curious”. To use the word “asinine” is, well, asinine.

Ya, you’re probably right on that.

I just kinda see what @WildCard is saying and am uneasonably touchy due to @inkman letting me know (correctly I’m sure) why every one of my posts is wrong today ?

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

I think it's fair to question why Dahlin got less ice time than McCabe, but when McCabe turns that ice team into a star performance you kind of have to step back and think maybe Kreuger knows more than we do. For hypothetical example, maybe he is really good at reading people and he saw that McCabe was in the zone that night. maybe Dahlin wasn't. Let's maybe wait on some real trends or a body of work before saying things like asinine. If it worked, something in it has to have been right. 

On 10/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, SwampD said:

And not fer nothing, with all the PK time, do we really want are 20 yo defensive face of the franchise out there taking bombs from the point for an extra 6 minutes in game freakin one?!

He is only 19, all season long!  Mind blown!

EDIT:  just saw that you saw it on your own.  Good Lord indeed.

Edited by Curt

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.