GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

33 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

We are on post #950.

Lets make a huge team effort and get this thing over 1,000.

GAME ON!!

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

i refuse to partake in such shenanigans as artificially increasing the number of posts in this thread.

it's unethical.  period.

2 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Puzzles

And where is this Puzzles?

24 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

I don’t wish to be an eyore, but the win hasn’t really excited me. I feel like an abused partner, unable to be excited about the good because I know the real bad is around the corner.

hopefully this year I am wrong 

That's the wrong spirit, but perfectly understandable.

RaKru and the crew will beat you into submission and you will love it and learn to love the Sabres again.

30 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

I don’t wish to be an eyore, but the win hasn’t really excited me. I feel like an abused partner, unable to be excited about the good because I know the real bad is around the corner.

hopefully this year I am wrong 

I know what you mean.  Just like Krueger said, we need to take this one day at a time.  Enjoy the win we had.

56 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Not sure we can organically squeeze 40 more posts out of this one

Everyone just needs to keep pinning medals on RK's chest ahead of the war. He'll be like a Korean General.

For all we know Krueger asked the players about what they liked and felt they were good at and he just found a way to channel that into a game plan. I'd be surprised if he didn't ask Miller about Vegas's strategies as well.

Bylsma was over reliant on stretch passes

Housley had a strange obsession with only man to man defense

RK seems to feel, why force players who can't stretch pass to stretch pass when they play better with a different approach. Do what you are good at, do your part to further the team as a whole and play hard every shift. I see his strategy being much like Vegas because like them, we have had no real identity for years and have effectively been trying to stuff our team's assortment of players into a specific type of bucket. Vegas, had players who had played in all different systems thus decided the best approach was to simply find commonalities all the players could do, play hard and fast. Over time, the core of players will find a certain niche they like and slowly the team will work to that over a few years as it sheds those who don't fit and tweak existing players.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

For all we know Krueger asked the players about what they liked and felt they were good at and he just found a way to channel that into a game plan. I'd be surprised if he didn't ask Miller about Vegas's strategies as well.

Bylsma was over reliant on stretch passes

Housley had a strange obsession with only man to man defense

RK seems to feel, why force players who can't stretch pass to stretch pass when they play better with a different approach. Do what you are good at, do your part to further the team as a whole and play hard every shift. I see his strategy being much like Vegas because like them, we have had no real identity for years and have effectively been trying to stuff our team's assortment of players into a specific type of bucket. Vegas, had players who had played in all different systems thus decided the best approach was to simply find commonalities all the players could do, play hard and fast. Over time, the core of players will find a certain niche they like and slowly the team will work to that over a few years as it sheds those who don't fit and tweak existing players.

Nobody cares what you know until they know how much you care.

• Like (+1) 1