GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Serious question:  shouldn't this be the song that is played in the arena at the end of a home win?  Either when the final horn sounds or when the game has been locked up (e.g. via ENG)?  With the crowd joining in for "RaaaKruuuuuuuuu"?

It would be awesome.

I could handle that, but right now, we have Perreault imitating Elvis after home wins, and that is infinitely better.

I'm still waiting for Low Bridge, Everybody Down.

EDIT:  I suppose the Perreault thing happens about five minutes after the game ends.  Having a little Warren Zevon right at the horn would work for me.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Serious question:  shouldn't this be the song that is played in the arena at the end of a home win?  Either when the final horn sounds or when the game has been locked up (e.g. via ENG)?  With the crowd joining in for "RaaaKruuuuuuuuu"?

It would be awesome.

season 5 episode 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Was out so I couldn't watch it as closely as I wanted to, but how was Risto?

Risto looked good. I didn't see him wandering out of position as much and he seemed content to play a more defensive game. I think the Krueger approach of "handle your responsibilities and let your teammates handle theirs" might benefit a guy like Risto the most. I didn't get the impression he was trying to put the team on his back like he usually does.

He seems to pair well with McCabe, who had a much more noticeable game last night.

9 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It would be awesome.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It would be awesome.

Image result for make it so gif

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Sounds like mitts was good

I have been hyper critical of him since the start of training camp this year. Last night he was winning puck battles in the corners, and in front of the net. His assist on Sheray's second goal was an outstanding play. 

17 played a better game last night than he did all of last season. The said, he still doesn't belong on the second line.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

I thought it actually started last year with him.

I think that's what XHCPH wanted to do, but the positioning and movement of the players wasn't quite right.  Too many passes were threading the needle.  Breakout passes never seemed to get through.  Tonight the Sabres had countless breakaways, such a refreshing change.

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

Really though, with the possible exception of Jake, no one played out of their minds. They were asked to do things they were capable of and pretty much to a man they delivered.

RFK's mantra:  Put the players in a position to win.

Also, it's noted that I watched the game steaming on my phone at this location, bundled up under the milky way. Made it much more special. 

Also I was away when the bills beach the Bengals on the beach in Jamaica. 

So, in conclusion, I shouldn't really ever come home again ??

20191003_141349.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sabres winning the Cup.

iron man eye roll GIF

(Just to Sean already posting his charts, not to you linking them)

4 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Call me crazy, but I bet these charts get met with far less ridicule because they show what people want to see: we smoked 'em last night. 

Chad was ridiculous on twitter last night. Like 15 minutes into the game he's all "the underlying metrix confirm what my eye test is telling me, that 53-90-17 is getting caved in." People got on him for that because the line, like all others, ended up being fine, and he's all "guys that tweet was 15 minutes ago!" as if duh things change, you can't hold me accountable to what I said and believed 15 minutes ago! 

Not recognizing the fact that if you read along with your finger under the words while watching a hockey game, you're going to twist yourself into logical knots every single night and not have any clear structure to any of your beliefs, just because of the nature of the game. There's a reason why the best stats still take weeks and weeks to stabilize. Hell, even last year, people who did this at a team-level in December based on months of play wound up burned in April, May, and June, w.r.t. Buffalo and St. Louis.

Stick to your principles for viewing and understanding hockey, watch carefully for months and months, and don't get too high or low (on an analytical level, of course you should celebrate wins with impunity and rage at losses), and when new trends appear take them into account. It's that easy. And if you're tweeting hot takes while watching heat maps develop in real time instead of watching the game, getting angry at people who call you out because of how fast things can change in a game, you've completely lost the plot  

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Man I wish people would stop shitting on us. I mean I get why but it's such a kick to the nuts to read cool stats about your team and see an asterisk by our name

I didn't take it as a kick in the nuts.  I took it as.... maybe the Sabres have arrived.