GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Believe it or not @josie and d4rk know her, and have known her for a lot longer than I have ? 

Funny how life works out sometimes

That’s very cool and at least you will be able to enjoy the inevitable demise of the Pats Dynasty in the next 10-15 years 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So we have...

Reinhart not running his own line

Skinner away from Jack

Sobotka on the 2nd line with Skinner

Scandella in the lineup at all

Hutton starting on the road where he has been atrocious (.896sv% last year)

and 

Evan Rodrigues is on the ***** bench. 

Oh yea, I am soooo optimistic. I can't get any more excited for this comedy of errors. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a9da8b393f3be8e03ca

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Believe it or not @josie and d4rk know her, and have known her for a lot longer than I have ? 

Funny how life works out sometimes

She and I are undefeated wins for hockey games we've gone to together.

so... get us to some sabres games together. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, StuckinFL said:

What's the definition of insanity?

People posting in seemingly every thread about ROR incessantly?
People turning so many threads into a whine about Sobotka?
People coming here to claim how much they hate this team but are still going to watch it?
Trying to understand TRpm? ?
Having more than 1 favorite team based on geography? ?
Coming here every day despite all the negativity?

Okay... enough.

I'm far too busy with work stuff, but I stopped in.  The division this team plays in will make it tough for them to succeed.  It's the best division in hockey, without a doubt. They are young and despite years of losing, things are going to be tough again.

I don't care.  I love hockey.  I'm a Sabres fan.  Win or lose, I will be a fan.  I hate losing, I love winning. I have no control over the outcome of this team. Life is slightly better when they win and it's only worse when they lose because it would be better if they won.

I am only in control of me.  I choose to root for the team.  Win or lose.  I might be louder when they win, but I am there when they lose.

Enjoy the night, whatever it may bring. Be happy that you are here to even watch the game in the first place. Not everyone will have that opportunity.

Go Sabres.

I SAID...

GO SABRES!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Have you Sobotolobotomized the SDS out of your brain?

Like the nfreeman acronym SDS? I'm the founder of SDS. A lineup choice that I disagree with doesn't mean I hate the coach and want my hockey team to lose? That's what I'm referring to when I talk of the "universe you're building."

You've now got a string of posts that makes stuff up and projects things that people aren't actually saying.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

You've now got a string of posts that makes stuff up and projects things that people aren't actually saying.

Wait! That sounds like...eh, nevermind.

FWIW, this Twitter thread is funnee:

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Like the nfreeman acronym SDS? I'm the founder of SDS. A lineup choice that I disagree with doesn't mean I hate the coach and want my hockey team to lose? That's what I'm referring to when I talk of the "universe you're building."

You say you don't want them to lose, but...

As a third party to this it does sound to me that you would be happy to be proven correct in your analogies, thus projecting a happy loss.

• Like (+1) 2

Interested in seeing how many minutes Risto gets. 

Since it's only been one season, I'll call the Ullmark/Hutton road/home splits a coincidence until it continues. So I'm not bothered by the goalie choice. 

I've already said my piece about these lines. I hope they work. Pittsburgh has line-matching advantage tonight, and that could give three of those lines big problems.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Interested in seeing how many minutes Risto gets. 

Since it's only been one season, I'll call the Ullmark/Hutton road/home splits a coincidence until it continues. So I'm not bothered by the goalie choice. 

I've already said my piece about these lines. I hope they work. Pittsburgh has line-matching advantage tonight, and that could give three of those lines big problems.

At least Ralph might entertain also doing some line matching 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

You say you don't want them to lose, but...

As a third party to this it does sound to me that you would be happy to be proven correct in your analogies, thus projecting a happy loss.

Nonsense. 

I spend literally hundreds of hours a year reading, writing, looking up, and re-watching hockey games/things because I'm insanely interested in understanding this as much as possible. As a fan, all I want is for my team to win. 

Combining these two facts with a team that has the fewest wins int he last 7 years might make me sound "happy to lose," but that's not the case at all. I root for the team, and call its decisions how I see them. I literally couldn't care less if I wind up being wrong, but my goal is to be as accurate as I can be, and LEARN from when I'm wrong, which happens all the time. Again, see the tenor of my posts in the Bills thread, now that I have a lot of confidence in just about everything the Bills' front office does. 

If Sobotka and KO play great, I will be thrilled. Saying that I don't believe they will play great, and outlining in copious amounts of detail why I think that, does not constitute wishing for that to happen, and I'm honestly annoyed that it's now a thing that people are claiming.

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2