GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So we have...

Reinhart not running his own line

Skinner away from Jack

Sobotka on the 2nd line with Skinner

Scandella in the lineup at all

Hutton starting on the road where he has been atrocious (.896sv% last year)

and 

Evan Rodrigues is on the ***** bench. 

Oh yea, I am soooo optimistic. I can't get any more excited for this comedy of errors. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Guys GUYS!!!  WHAT THE ACTUAL F...... The Sabres, YOUR Sabres are starting the season, new coach, new attitude.... And it's hockey.... THE BEST DAMN SPORT ON THE PLANET!!! 

opening day for us, how can we not get pumped....im as pessimistic as anyone at times, but even Vlad the corpse of the impaler and the Carefree Mittlesuck can't bring me down. 

Let's Go, let's slaughter the endangered penguin and mount it on the wall next to the tin foil hat and the poster series of all the goosebumps books! 

Too many years of 'here we go again'. Towards the end of the streak I was getting pumped again, but then because Buffalo.

I'm just not ready to get hurt again. This team has broken my heart too many times and then promised that this year will be different. And then every year it's the same...

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Which goalie was better at home?  Was it Carter the Hut?

13 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Ullmark.thumb.PNG.77e4e4ea72a070b1855adfe1ab398a24.PNG

Hutton.thumb.PNG.8ba74532ead13aea03bac3b9081c8c9a.PNG

I'm not sure why this discrepancy exists, but between this and the preseason each has had, I'd go with Ullmark tomorrow. 

• Sad 1

Just now, darksabre said:

This might actually annoy me more than the Sobotka thing.

I would have figured Ullmark on the road and Hutton at home. But perhaps Ullmark is still our backup in the eyes of the coaches.

Seems like Kruger is really favoring the vets. Odd though since he has Oloffson up so high 

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Seems like Kruger is really favoring the vets. Odd though since he has Oloffson up so high 

Not really. Olofsson is a Swedish vet. He's like the perfect player for Krueger, a euro who played pro in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

This might actually annoy me more than the Sobotka thing.

I would have figured Ullmark on the road and Hutton at home. But perhaps Ullmark is still our backup in the eyes of the coaches.

Yeah but isn't Ullmark much better on Saturdays?

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Not really. Olofsson is a Swedish vet. He's like the perfect player for Krueger, a euro who played pro in Europe. 

Ah good point

Just now, darksabre said:

I think I read somewhere that the goalie coach is picking who starts each night?

Interesting, never heard of a team doing that before. I wonder if anyone else does that?

Just now, StuckinFL said:

What's the definition of insanity?

Being a Buffalo fan