• Kyle Okposo
    • Rasmus Ristolainen
    • Rasmus Dahlin
    • Colin Miller
    • Jake McCabe
    • Marco Scandella
    • Henri Jokiharju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/04/2019 at 12:00 AM

I know @miles made a thread already, so I'll link it, but I'll put a poll in this one so we can formally record our choices and brag if we're right. Here's his: 

I'm assuming that KO and Vlad play while Rodrigues sits, and Scandella and Joki play while Gilmour is an extra. Will change if that changes in the morning.

Just because of how vigorously I've criticized him this summer, my choice is Vladimir Sobotka, 3 minutes into the 2nd period. 

If mods think I'm stealing threads and that's not fair, go ahead and put this post in his thread, but add a poll!!!

Edited by Randall Flagg

19 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Olofsson, 1st period, on the 1st power play, tic tac toe pass from Eichel and Skinner.

His first of a thirty-six goal season (27 on the power play).

This seems tough, no NHL player has had a total greater than 20 in the last 3 seasons.

I do think he’s gonna be in the Calder conversation, though. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

I see i'm not alone in voting for Vlad.

2 hours into the poll & he's leading with 5 votes.

I wonder if everyone else is thinking he'll score into his own net even though the poll explicitly states 1st Sabres goal.

I picked him because of all the heat he's taken. So he'll score the 1st & then go another 15 games before scoring another, in proper Vlad fashion.

• Sad 1

Jimmy Vesey.

It's only fitting he comes "back" and scores in his first game.

I really think he's going to have a big year...if he plays on the 3rd line he puts up his usual 17-20 goals, if he gets time with Eichel he pots 25+.

PS. Please don't "boo" the kid...that time passed a couple years ago, he's one of us now.

Edited by OhMyDahlin

3 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Sob will get the first one just to turn the screw. Ha

But it will be completely set up by Skinner and whatever defender is on the ice when Skinner drags everyone to him, drop it to the defender who shoots it and it glances off of Sob's shin while he twirls at the side of the net confused about what he should be doing. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

But it will be completely set up by Skinner and whatever defender is on the ice when Skinner drags everyone to him, drop it to the defender who shoots it and it glances off of Sob's shin while he twirls at the side of the net confused about what he should be doing. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Curt said:

I can’t believe it wasn’t Sobotka.

I can't believe we all (well, all but 2 of us) forgot that SHEARY was playing against the PENS.

The Pegulas need to hire a hypnotist to convince him ALL games are against those guys that traded him away for a draft pick.  He'd be up in Ovechkin territory if we could find a way to get him to believe that. ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.