Open Club  ·  18 members

The Auto Club

The Pulled Over by the Cops Thread

ubkev

Talked your way out of a ticket? Got a ticket for some bull####? Cop cut you a break? I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that...tell it here.

Working nights in CNY years ago, I'd get pulled over at least 6 or 7 times a year by Oneida Country sheriff's when I was leaving work at 2 am. Just looking to give me that DWI. 

Got popped once for driving with my music too loud. Who knew noise ordinances were a thing?

Rolled a stop sign leaving the bar with an expired registration and inspection. Oops! Good thing I was stone sober. Cop let me go. Pulled me over 3 weeks later to see if I got my registration and inspection (I did). 

And I've got about 100 more. Sometimes you win, most of the time I lost. I'm curious what I've paid in traffic fines over my 18 years behind the wheel. Not to mention what I've had to pay the DMV in NY just to keep my license with all the points I put on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely get pulled over. I got tagged for speeding a few times when I was younger but it's been a while. And the one time was because my speedometer was broken and I should have known better lol

The one that pissed me off was back in grad school. I was coming home with some chinese takeout so I could work on homework and I rolled a stop sign in our little residential neighborhood. It just so happened to be Halloween, and it just so happened that some hero-cop State Trooper who used to live in the neighborhood had gotten permission to park his squad car behind a some bushes on a resident's lawn near the stop sign so he could write people tickets all night. Real solid use of a STATE TROOPER's time, right?

I made sure to ask him when he would be back, since he cared about the neighborhood so much. He didn't like that. But I never saw him again because obviously he didn't care that much. Jabroni.

Edited by darksabre

Got caught years ago driving without my license, way back when you had 24 hours to produce it at a cop shop.  I was 18 and that is only part of the story, but the only part I'm going to tell.

Got caught for speeding once.  It was all a frame and a trap.  I was mortified.

That's it, unless you count smuggling way too much booze at a derelict and non-descript border crossing in rural Quebec that is used for just such a purpose.  They were not the regular cops, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 7:58 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Got caught years ago driving without my license, way back when you had 24 hours to produce it at a cop shop.  I was 18 and that is only part of the story, but the only part I'm going to tell.

That's it, unless you count smuggling way too much booze at a derelict and non-descript border crossing in rural Quebec that is used for just such a purpose.  They were not the regular cops, though.

I know what you mean. I was a victim of police profiling. They were pulling over everyone driving on the sidewalk. (Ron White).

• 3 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 9:58 AM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Got pulled over for speeding once.  I'm white and my wife is black.  I was just annoyed, she was terrified.  Ashamedly, I realized then the racial difference.  It's difficult to understand (to feel) the fear of authority.  I got a ticket and moved along.  But the look of terror in my wife's eyes when we got pulled over still makes me cry.  Intellectually, I can understand, but I'll never feel the fear.  Racism (in all forms) needs to be eradicated.

On 5/24/2020 at 3:23 AM, Tondas said:

Got pulled over for speeding once.  I'm white and my wife is black.  I was just annoyed, she was terrified.  Ashamedly, I realized then the racial difference.  It's difficult to understand (to feel) the fear of authority.  I got a ticket and moved along.  But the look of terror in my wife's eyes when we got pulled over still makes me cry.  Intellectually, I can understand, but I'll never feel the fear.  Racism (in all forms) needs to be eradicated.

Sadly, this is the norm for people of colour, or what ever makes them that little bit different.  I agree that racism in all forms needs to be eradicated. 

I am here actually to make such a post in the religion thread.  Join me over there, if you dare.

• Like (+1) 1