[Game Day] Leafs @ Sabres 5:00PM

SabresBeat

With Toronto now OFFICIALLY eliminated (can I get a hell yeah?) it makes me more worried about tomorrow. We don't need any more injuries going into the playoffs, and you can bet Toronto is going to be in a bad mood after being eliminated. So do you think Lindy will dress Peters tomorrow to ensure that the Maple Laughs will have to answer to somebody? Also, will there be attemped "revenge" on Tucker or will that just be forgotten? My guess is that Peters will not play and we will throw some hits on Tucker, but not too big of a deal....even though I wish someone would kick the snot out of Tucker

I just wish Toronto still had a chance. At least they would concentrate on the game then. Now they can pretty much do whatever they want.

Sabres just need to try to play the game. The league is going to be watching this one close, and will probably be lusting to nail us with suspensions and/or fines.

I bet peters dresses in place of vanek on the 4th line. rory in for teppo. I don't see much coming in terms of revenge. The league hates lindy ruff and the sabres, so if the team gives the league an inch, they'll take it. Peters will be there in case toronto starts anything. I doubt that fat pat will do anything though... he's looking for a new job next week. hate to make a bad impression.

I would listen to Corp, everyone. Last night in the chat room after that train wreck of a second period, he predicted the Sabres would be "fine." Were they ever! Good call young man.

But what's this about the league hating the Sabres? I don't get it. This is classic Buffalo paranoia. And not just the fans do it. Larry Felser has a column today in which he claims the NFL gave the Bills more home games in the second half of the season than usual in order to hurt attendance and get revenge on Ralph for speaking out on the CBA. That's crazy.

But what's this about the league hating the Sabres? I don't get it. This is classic Buffalo paranoia. And not just the fans do it. Larry Felser has a column today in which he claims the NFL gave the Bills more home games in the second half of the season than usual in order to hurt attendance and get revenge on Ralph for speaking out on the CBA. That's crazy.

I don't think any league "has it out" for Buffalo. Mistakes are made all over. It just seems that the ones that fall against us have a larger impact than most. The no goal of course. Philly side net goal that counted. For the Bills you have home run throwback and the NE win that kept them out of the playoffs when NE was given a first down when the guy ran OB about 2 feet short, an incomplete pass that was ruled a catch, and an end zone penalty that wasn't on a hail mary... all on their final drive. I know there are others, but these are the biggest ones that stick out...

And after Boynton raising hell, it really hurt us league wide with the refs for a while. I think it's gotten better the last couple games, but still not where it should be.

Even last night, at the end of the 2nd period, Lindy had a good chat with ref, and there was a noticeable difference in the third.

I bet peters dresses in place of vanek on the 4th line. rory in for teppo. I don't see much coming in terms of revenge. The league hates lindy ruff and the sabres, so if the team gives the league an inch, they'll take it. Peters will be there in case toronto starts anything. I doubt that fat pat will do anything though... he's looking for a new job next week. hate to make a bad impression.

I think dressing peters is a no-brainer. in this new nhl there is barely any room for him, but in the old nhl this is the exact kind of game that you keep him around for and that is protect your star players.

i don't think peters will go out looking for tucker, but i also think that if lindy saw tuckers' line on the ice and various points of the game today that he will send out petey.

all that said, and as roby said last night on the shootout, i think it will be relatively quiet.

by the way, anyone catch some of tucker's play last night late in the 3rd? he gave alfredsson a stab in the back of his leg with his stick and alfredson went back after him. tucker immediately began throwing punches with his gloves on.....guy is such a hack.

I would listen to Corp, everyone. Last night in the chat room after that train wreck of a second period, he predicted the Sabres would be "fine." Were they ever! Good call young man.

You can go either way on the anti-buffalo conspiracy theory. Whether you believe it or not, and whether its even true or not, there is a lot of evidence of anti-sabres calls in the bettman years of the nhl. You know all the evidence. Whether or not anti-team calls are leaguewide or just for the sabres, that's for someone else to debate. I'm a sabres fan first, NHL fan second... Don't get to watch many non-sabres games. I did catch the canucks/kings game last night. there were some obvious non calls, so i know that the reffing is consistantly bad. However, i've never heard of a team other than the sabres being jobbed so much in the past 15 years or so. Again, whether this conspiracy theory can be applied to all teams, someone else can answer that question. I'm a firm believer that if the sabres are to win the stanley cup, they'll have to get 16 wins against 4 teams despite the officiating, league office, and press releases, as opposed to the red wings, ottawa, etc. who just have to get 16 wins against four teams, period.

by the way, anyone catch some of tucker's play last night late in the 3rd? he gave alfredsson a stab in the back of his leg with his stick and alfredson went back after him. tucker immediately began throwing punches with his gloves on.....guy is such a hack.

I caught part of the Ottawa game and saw him go after Alfredsson. It was totally unnecessary. Alfreddson was just trying to stand up for himself and Tucker just started punching him in the head. I just hope we come out of this game without any injuries as I'm sure there's going to be some bad blood.

It's hilarious that people blame Bettman for "No Goal" and other alleged mistakes over the years. What was Gary supposed to do? I bet there aren't many Sabre fans who can tell me who the ref was on that "No Goal" call. Isn't he the real villain?

People who ply this conspiracy trade have to explain why the league has it out for Buffalo and not other small-market teams. The question that really destroys the Buffalo conspiracy theory is this: if Bettman wants to do the Sabres in, why didn't he take advantage of the obvious opportunity to ensure they would NEVER win: fold the franchise a few years ago? Instead he worked diligently to ensure hockey would remain in Buffalo. He deserves a standing ovation, but the night he appears at center ice at HSBC Arena and awards the Stanley Cup to the Sabres, I'm sure he'll be roundly booed.

People are funny.

The question that really destroys the Buffalo conspiracy theory is this: if Bettman wants to do the Sabres in, why didn't he take advantage of the obvious opportunity to ensure they would NEVER win: fold the franchise a few years ago? Instead he worked diligently to ensure hockey would remain in Buffalo.

Well, OBVIOUSLY he got so much joy out of toying with Buffalo, he just couldn't bare the thought of losing that excitement. ;)

With Toronto now OFFICIALLY eliminated (can I get a hell yeah?) it makes me more worried about tomorrow. We don't need any more injuries going into the playoffs, and you can bet Toronto is going to be in a bad mood after being eliminated. So do you think Lindy will dress Peters tomorrow to ensure that the Maple Laughs will have to answer to somebody? Also, will there be attemped "revenge" on Tucker or will that just be forgotten? My guess is that Peters will not play and we will throw some hits on Tucker, but not too big of a deal....even though I wish someone would kick the snot out of Tucker

HELL YEAHH!!!!!! HEre's hoping we finish this excuse of a hockey club off tonight and shut their fans up til next october. They deserve it. Have you ever gone on TSN.ca and they all think their team is the #%^$#!, it's rediculous.

I encourage all to use the chatroom today. We had a big turnout last night. Of course, if you're behind a firewall, or java sucks for your particular computer setup, then use this game thread. However, the chats are very knowledgeable and interesting... Plus, there's always links to hot babes, and deputy jim brinson, floating around.

http://www.sabresreport.com/chat

Nice interview with Rob Ray and Tie Domi. Domi seemed humble, honest and real.

i'm at my in-laws and i have no idea how this game is going? help!??!

also, i always thought Domi would be the kind of guy i could have on my team. he seems real, he plays hard, can fight, but can also score goals. yeah, he crosses the line of dirty and chippy, but i would take a guy like him on my team any day over a guy like tucker. the big difference i think is domi has respect for his opponents and tucker has none.

6-0 sabres. Total domination. Peters' golf swing was all the retribution that the sabres needed on tucker. Now, its time to have one final practice game before the playoffs start. Tuesday night will be a big night for carolina, so lets see if the sabres spoil the party.

Miller was superb in goal tonight. Toronto actually got a lot of scoring chances and shots. Miller gave up nothing. He played the puck well, he covered up and didn't give the rebound. His defense helped him (gaustad taking out tucker when the puck danced on the goal line). He brought his A game.

As for the rest of the team... Vanek was poor at times, but he did score a pretty goal. Drury is becoming very hot and very feared again. Campbell scored from the point. Afinogenov has a collection of broken ankles and jock straps from this game. Basically, the sabres played the very best all around game. They came on strong, didn't break when toronto came back in the 2nd, got timely power play goals, played good killing the penalty, and officially danced all over the maple fags. Peters' unsportsmanlike conduct penalty was one for the ages. If you didn't have a chance to see this game today, watch a replay on tsn or espn. It was great.

It's hilarious that people blame Bettman for "No Goal" and other alleged mistakes over the years. What was Gary supposed to do? I bet there aren't many Sabre fans who can tell me who the ref was on that "No Goal" call. Isn't he the real villain?

People who ply this conspiracy trade have to explain why the league has it out for Buffalo and not other small-market teams. The question that really destroys the Buffalo conspiracy theory is this: if Bettman wants to do the Sabres in, why didn't he take advantage of the obvious opportunity to ensure they would NEVER win: fold the franchise a few years ago? Instead he worked diligently to ensure hockey would remain in Buffalo. He deserves a standing ovation, but the night he appears at center ice at HSBC Arena and awards the Stanley Cup to the Sabres, I'm sure he'll be roundly booed.

People are funny.

What was he supposed to do?!? How about follow the GD rule book! Not make s**t up as he goes along. He was in the #@$@$@# building when all of this happened and COULD have taken control. He CHOSE not to.

Gregson.

McCreary was the other referee, FYI.

No, Gregson was not the villian, as HE FOLLOWED, or at least attempted to follow, THE RULES AS STATED IN THE RULE BOOK. BETTMAN and BRIAN LEWIS DID NOT FOLLOW THE RULES AS WRITTEN IN THE RULE BOOK. Gregson did NOT see Hull's foot in the crease as he was screened by Holzinger. The people upstairs never told Gregson that Hull was in the crease. HAD THEY DONE THAT, GREGSON IS ON RECORD AS SAYING HE WOULD HAVE WAIVED OFF THE GOAL, as Hull had not been forced into the crease but went in of his own volition PRIOR TO THE PUCK ENTERING THE CREASE.

And you are wrong, it was NOT a conspiracy against Buffalo. It was a conspiracy of lazy people who were more concerned with having things look good than getting them right. Had the EXACT same thing happened 2 nights later in Dallas, the Stars would be crying "NO GOAL" and guess what? They would be just as correct as the Sabres are to this day. It !#$~@~$ sucks that it happened and you SHOULD be ticked that it did. Had they gotten that call correct, there is no guarantee at all that the Sabres wouldn't have lost the game on the next faceoff; but I sure as heck wanted them to have the OPPORTUNITY to compete for the SC even if they couldn't have succeeded. There was no guarantee that they would have won game 7 either, but again they were not given the opportunity to compete legitimately. It ticks me off to this day that the CUP WAS AWARDED TO THE STARS. They didn't EARN it. They didn't WIN it, they were AWARDED it, and that sucks.