McCabe and Johansson Named Alternate Captains

Brawndo

Just now, darksabre said:

It's a little interesting that the new guy is an A though. I don't put too much stock in it, but I admit I put a little stock in it. 

For all the talk about Risto being a professional and working hard in camp, you'd have expected him to get one. 

Not surprised 1 of the A's went to a new guy.  Surprised it didn't go to a new D-man.  Thought Reinhart would get the F's A.

(Sooo close, but sooooo far away. ? )

The fact Okposo lost his is significant. Bogo as well, although less so given injury and pending RFA status.

It’s much easier to bench a guy without a letter.

The choices are intriguing as Ralph reconstructs the room.

Edited by dudacek

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The fact Okposo lost his is significant. Bogo as well, although less so given injury and pending RFA status.

It’s much easier to bench a guy without a letter.

The choices are intriguing as Ralph reconstructs the room.

Not really.  He's starting the year the way he finished the last, as a barely hanging on, though very overpaid, 4th line winger.

The only guy that could pull off that "leading from behind" role was Rob Ray and even that was in a much different era.

Would have been almost as unhappy with Krueger having Okposo still wear a letter as am with the Sobotka saga.

Does anybody know if these were coaches decisions or via player vote?

26 minutes ago, darksabre said:

For all the talk about Risto being a professional and working hard in camp, you'd have expected him to get one. 

I'm not surprised if they're still expecting to move him.  On the other hand, if he's staying I would expect him to get an A.  I also thought Reino would get one.

Just now, Taro T said:

Not really.  He's starting the year the way he finished the last, as a barely hanging on, though very overpaid, 4th line winger.

The only guy that could pull off that "leading from behind" role was Rob Ray and even that was in a much different era.

Would have been almost as unhappy with Krueger having Okposo still wear a letter as am with the Sobotka saga.

Does anybody know if these were coaches decisions or via player vote?

This is why it’s significant. It’s recognition of his decline in stature.

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Winter Classic Eichel also has the 'A'.

That one's fitting since it's a one time thing.  I'm thinking about someone who may have thrown an A on the 50th anniversary jersey and now that guy no longer has an A.  I'm not really sure why someone would have done that, maybe a collector or something, but it sucks for that guy.

It's not really a big deal, but just a scenario that popped into my mind for no reason whatsoever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.