Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

@Randall Flagg

I did some research on Vegas. Their defense still concerns me, as does gt but you're right they probably will be good for several years if they can manage their cap.

It's definitely their weak point, and it's not trivial for ANY team to stay good, they've just given me confidence through their management to this point. 

What helps their weakness is how strong ALL their forwards are at a two way game. But they will need to add a couple good D over the next couple years.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

@Randall Flagg

I did some research on Vegas. Their defense still concerns me, as does gt but you're right they probably will be good for several years if they can manage their cap.

Being a season ticket holder for the Knights their defense is concerning but they do have like 3-4 defenseman they are grooming to make the team by next season or the following.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's definitely their weak point, and it's not trivial for ANY team to stay good, they've just given me confidence through their management to this point. 

What helps their weakness is how strong ALL their forwards are at a two way game. But they will need to add a couple good D over the next couple years.

Definitely agree with needing to add a stud defenseman. Right now on the roster they have 3 really good defenseman in Theodore, Schmidt, and McNabb. I really don’t think people know how good McNabb really is. He’s not the greatest skater but he’s an all around good defenseman. They have at least 4 young defenseman they are grooming to take over 3 of those spots.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Probably nothing to it, but Robert Kraft’s Granddaughter posted something on Instagram which could lead to speculation that the Senators might be purchased by the Krafts.

https://www.bardown.com/robert-kraft-s-granddaughter-posts-cryptic-photo-of-senators-arena-1.1376897

Lol I just saw a tweet that says Kraft doesn't even have a granddaughter named Kathryn 

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Bring me Ehlers! 

The Peg lost 4-1.  They’re giving up almost 5 goals per game.  Their only win is a game against NJ where they were  losing 4-0 in the second.   I have to believe if JB asked for Ehlers and was rejected there may be a phone call coming in November or sooner.   Risto’s stock is rising and the Jets stock seem to be falling.  Question is, if they come back with an offer equal to your original offer do you accept it or hold out for more?

31 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

The Peg lost 4-1.  They’re giving up almost 5 goals per game.  Their only win is a game against NJ where they were  losing 4-0 in the second.   I have to believe if JB asked for Ehlers and was rejected there may be a phone call coming in November or sooner.   Risto’s stock is rising and the Jets stock seem to be falling.  Question is, if they come back with an offer equal to your original offer do you accept it or hold out for more?

If the Jets are ever willing to move Ehlers for Risto, I take it and run.

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Maybe they'd be interested in Colin Miller ?

11 hours ago, Reino23 said:

How come the NYR have the entire week off? They played Saturday night and theyre off for a full week. That seems wacky.

No data.  The league is giving all teams ~ week off at some point during the season, but having theirs in week 2 seems excessive.

Is the circus in town?  (Wouldn't explain no road games, but would no home dates.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.