Jump to content
Eleven

Around the NHL 2019-20

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

 

I wondered what the hell happened there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Disappeared from the game?  You need to watch somebody besides the Sabres.

 

I forgot that some people take everything literally.  I'm not going to get too technical here, but let me plot the number of fights per year:

\

Seriously, look at these numbers.  I'm not really sure why that separate portion of 2018-2019 is listed, but whatever, the full year is there.  So in just 20 year, the number of fights has dropped by roughly 66%.  I'd love to see some older numbers because I'm wondering if I may have to switch my incredible graph above to an "I".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

The 20-minute second period of the Blues-Rangers game on Tuesday only took 25 minutes in "real time" to play (only 2 whistles).

That incredible.  Great for fans, not so much for TV advertisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shrader said:

I forgot that some people take everything literally.  I'm not going to get too technical here, but let me plot the number of fights per year:

\

Seriously, look at these numbers.  I'm not really sure why that separate portion of 2018-2019 is listed, but whatever, the full year is there.  So in just 20 year, the number of fights has dropped by roughly 66%.  I'd love to see some older numbers because I'm wondering if I may have to switch my incredible graph above to an "I".

Oh absolutely as a whole they fight way less, but it's like Zamboni said, in March things change. When you have teams that compete, teams that care, play passionately, stuff breaks out on occasion. We almost never see this from the Sabres because they can't play that way and basically don't seem to care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh absolutely as a whole they fight way less, but it's like Zamboni said, in March things change. When you have teams that compete, teams that care, play passionately, stuff breaks out on occasion. We almost never see this from the Sabres because they can't play that way and basically don't seem to care. 

Or you never see it from Buffalo because they're never in it at the end.  Just stop and think for a second about how many guys on this team have never seen a playoff game.  It's not about a lack of caring, this team is not in it because they're not any good.  There's plenty of guys on this team who would be involved in that stuff come April if they were actually still playing (Ristolainen, McCabe, Larsson, etc...).  Caring and being good at hockey, they're not the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shrader said:

Or you never see it from Buffalo because they're never in it at the end.  Just stop and think for a second about how many guys on this team have never seen a playoff game.  It's not about a lack of caring, this team is not in it because they're not any good.  There's plenty of guys on this team who would be involved in that stuff come April if they were actually still playing (Ristolainen, McCabe, Larsson, etc...).  Caring and being good at hockey, they're not the same thing.

Gonna disagree with you on this one. When we set off on this road trip that was supposed to be time to care and dig deep hockey. Lots of them just came out same as always and relatively flat. I'm reluctant to go on about Reinhart here, but...........  Anyway, I only see a few guys out there giving the extra that this time of year requires in order to get into those playoffs. We do really well early on when the hockey is soft, teams aren't fully engaged yet, they come in playing back up goalies taking us lightly due to current history, but when the going gets tough we get run over because we do not take it up a notch like they do. Arizona for example isn't all that talented, they just wanted it more than us. This has been the Sabres story for years now and shows no sign of changing any time soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henri Richard died today,  RIP Mr. Richard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fighting and playing tough are two separate   things. But y’all knew that. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jersey won....hopefully Anaheim holds on too. I honestly think Buffalo will drop to 3rd worst unless Ullmark steals the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep...the Ducks and Ryan Miller in relief held on to beat the laughs 2-1...we are looking more and more at a nice low pick. Hell we are tanking and we are not even trying to! Tonight should be very interesting as we play Philly in the City of Brotherly Love LOL. Philly is everything that we should want our team to be. They totally rebuilt that team and got rid of some terrible contracts and drafted well and made some good trades and they are now a very good team, and still have lots of good prospects coming too. The big argument that JBotto needs four or five years loses it's  reasoning when one looks at what Philly has done in a very short period of time. Hell even Ottawa seems to be heading in the right direction after giving away their 1st picks and trading away anyone who seemed any good they still are starting to win and they play with heart and determination and grit, three things sadly lacking from our beloved Sabres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leafs lose two in a row, it’s really sad how no one is putting any heat on them, they will coast into a playoff spot.

Could have been Buffalo....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

In Ovechkin's last 20 games, he has 21 goals and 2 assists

Amazing offensive weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

In Ovechkin's last 20 games, he has 21 goals and 2 assists

Nothing to see here. It's what "goal scorers" do. He'll cool off. They always do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Nothing to see here. It's what "goal scorers" do. He'll cool off. They always do.

Would you like a knuckle sandwich

 

hey nice coach by the way you really nailed that one :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Would you like a knuckle sandwich

 

hey nice coach by the way you really nailed that one :)

It's what Hall of Fame coaches do. They don't produce all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

In Ovechkin's last 20 games, he has 21 goals and 2 assists

selfish

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Fighting and playing tough are two separate   things. But y’all knew that. 

I'm not sure they do.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Nothing to see here. It's what "goal scorers" do. He'll cool off. They always do.

ANALYTICS!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random observation --- SJ and OTT are tied 1-1 in the 2nd intermission. Ottawa needs to win this game! Make SJ's pick even better for themselves. They can always lose their own games later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

 

Cirelli with an awesome cross check of Chara.  I’m on the bus to try and pry him out of TB.  
 

He was really really good in the PK tonight too.  They played the Bruins hard and look now (with their deadline additions) like this time they might have enough grit to win it all. 

Bogo goes from a terminated contract to a cup win.........I dunno, would that be good for him, sad for us, or maybe just ironic? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

 

Cirelli with an awesome cross check of Chara.  I’m on the bus to try and pry him out of TB.  
 

I cant with the complete homerism of the Bruins announcers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...