Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

On 2/29/2020 at 11:40 AM, inkman said:

Yuck

Best 2C UFA, though.

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

With a Toronto win the Sabres are now 12, 12 freaking points back.... Enjoy the playoffs leaves... The 1st round anyways 

Negative, wyld, the pattern is full.  Go Florida!  Didn't we have a Panthers fan here until last season?

43 minutes ago, inkman said:

Is it still cool take make fun of the Leafs for losing to a beer league goalie?

Especially when the Sabres goalies look like beer Leaguers?  That was some misplaced idiocy.  

Yup.  That it is still happening from members of this fanbase given the last near decade is amazing.  We should aspire to what the Leafs currently have.

I need another shower.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Best 2C UFA, though.

Negative, wyld, the pattern is full.  Go Florida!  Didn't we have a Panthers fan here until last season?

Absolutely, go Swamp Cats.  Stay close to the Loafs as long as the Sabres are still holding flickering embers of hope.  If those embers get doused, then have the Cats go on a long winning streak.

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

I posted in the Sabres tickets section but I don’t think anyone’s going there. I’m looking for 2 tickets, 100 level. I know the season is tanking and I haven’t gone yet this year. Any sellers? 

@CallawaySabresto the white courtesy phone...

Edited by Eleven

18 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

I posted in the Sabres tickets section but I don’t think anyone’s going there. I’m looking for 2 tickets, 100 level. I know the season is tanking and I haven’t gone yet this year. Any sellers? 

Any interest in Penguins this thursday? Section 117. PM me if so

2 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Just think.....Edmonton started their rebuild about 10yrs before us. More top picks too.

Oh there's no question Edmonton's cocked up their rebuild multiple times, and they lucked into McDavid. They're hardly the model of a good rebuild. You'd want to look to Colorado for that I think. They weren't afraid to trade away big name players either.

I'm interested to see how the Ottawa rebuild goes myself. They tore it down completely last year after several major ***** ups. Didn't even have their first rounder. By rights they should be in the basement for years but unlike us, they did it a different way focusing solely on character and grit first and then adding the talent via numerous picks. If they pass us in a couple years there's your model for what we should have done.

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh there's no question Edmonton's cocked up their rebuild multiple times, and they lucked into McDavid. They're hardly the model of a good rebuild. You'd want to look to Colorado for that I think. They weren't afraid to trade away big name players either.

I'm interested to see how the Ottawa rebuild goes myself. They tore it down completely last year after several major ***** ups. Didn't even have their first rounder. By rights they should be in the basement for years but unlike us, they did it a different way focusing solely on character and grit first and then adding the talent via numerous picks. If they pass us in a couple years there's your model for what we should have done.

Isn't that the model we are using? I mean we traded away ROR too. Lol

I think the Sens are modeling more like the way Vegas built as an expansion team.

15 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Isn't that the model we are using? I mean we traded away ROR too. Lol

I think the Sens are modeling more like the way Vegas built as an expansion team.

The issue imo is the Sens had a big cultural/locker room problem and so they really cleaned house, stripped it right down to make sure none of that was left. Maybe our locker room problem wasn't as bad, but I think it was pretty bad so just tinkering by removing pieces might have left too many bits behind. I'm not sure, this is purely a thought, time will tell.

I know people don't like to think about a cultural problem, don't like to admit or face it, but for me it's the only thing that explains it all. 

25 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

The issue imo is the Sens had a big cultural/locker room problem and so they really cleaned house, stripped it right down to make sure none of that was left. Maybe our locker room problem wasn't as bad, but I think it was pretty bad so just tinkering by removing pieces might have left too many bits behind. I'm not sure, this is purely a thought, time will tell.

I know people don't like to think about a cultural problem, don't like to admit or face it, but for me it's the only thing that explains it all. 

And has been mentioned before.. what if that problem is #9?  He seems to be better this year.. but in the past there were plenty of reasons to think it might be.  It might still be for all we know.  

15 minutes ago, LTS said:

And has been mentioned before.. what if that problem is #9?  He seems to be better this year.. but in the past there were plenty of reasons to think it might be.  It might still be for all we know.  

If that is the case we are likely doomed but I doubt it is. I don't believe he's a great team leader, but he has elevated his game at times this year and seems to give it his all most games this year but, yes, what if he's not really hurt now and has just quit...................ya, that'd be a problem. (but I don't think it's true).

I firmly believe the mistake Murray made was first publicly expressing disillusionment with not getting McDavid. Not sure Jack has ever forgiven that. Moved on, but not forgiven. It was a huge gaff for any team culture.The second part was not naming ROR his top C right away and giving him the C and saying Jack would learn and grow from him. ROR is also a guy who wants the limelight and the way the team handled it, this town may not have been big enough for the both of them. In contrast a team like Boston never anointed Seguin and when he didn't buy into the culture full on shipped him out of town. A trade they got killed on, yet the team was better for it. Go figure. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.