Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

Ennis with a really pretty goal with his new team.

Was at the game last night in Anaheim and I agree. Ennis IMO was one of the more underrated good moves of the trade deadline, fits the Oilers like a glove. Ennis had 2 points and was all over the place.

Edited by Ruff Around The Edges

I think we all agree it was never a talent thing with Tyler...more a health thing. Those pesky concussions...he seems to be on the road to complete recovery and enjoying hockey again (of course one good hit and it all starts again but hopefully he'll stay healthy...he deserves it)

1 hour ago, Sabre fan said:

I think we all agree it was never a talent thing with Tyler...more a health thing. Those pesky concussions...he seems to be on the road to complete recovery and enjoying hockey again (of course one good hit and it all starts again but hopefully he'll stay healthy...he deserves it)

Nah. He was always slated for a 2nd line role here and could never hold onto the puck long enough to be successful. He went elsewhere with 3rd/4th line expectations and contributed to that level

if we have any chance of playoffs (which I sincerely doubt) isn;t Florida a better hope to catch? The Laughs seem to be hitting their stride (again) after losing a bunch and looking terrible doing so. Their "D" is awful but they sure can score. Vegas has won like 7 in a row I read somewhere? Should be interesting with Lehner in goal

1 hour ago, Sabre fan said:

if we have any chance of playoffs (which I sincerely doubt) isn;t Florida a better hope to catch? The Laughs seem to be hitting their stride (again) after losing a bunch and looking terrible doing so. Their "D" is awful but they sure can score. Vegas has won like 7 in a row I read somewhere? Should be interesting with Lehner in goal

It's not really a question of who they're more likely to catch.  They need to catch both... unless 5th place in the other division really falls off.  But that's not realistic with how tight 5-7 are over there, 2 point separation.

And I'm not so sure 2 wins suddenly means Toronto is hitting their stride.  Even with that, they're still just 5-4-1 in their last 10.  Those last two are just as likely to be their speed bump as the other stretch of losses is.

Edited by shrader

2 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

25 minutes ago, shrader said:

It's not really a question of who they're more likely to catch.  They need to catch both... unless 5th place in the other division really falls off.  But that's not realistic with how tight 5-7 are over there, 2 point separation.

And I'm not so sure 2 wins suddenly means Toronto is hitting their stride.  Even with that, they're still just 5-4-1 in their last 10.  Those last two are just as likely to be their speed bump as the other stretch of losses is.

Yep.  Sadly it isn't an either/or.  They have to catch 'em both.

It's not likely they get there, but at least they still have small chance and aren't a tire fire.  Baby steps.

17 hours ago, nfreeman said:

The end of the Nashville-Calgary game was crazy — Granlund tied it literally at the final buzzer and then won it in OT.  The Nashville crowd was incredible.  I’m envious.  

Granlund would be a good target for the Sabres this summer. 

He has had a renaissance since Laviotte was fired 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.