Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

41 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Devils had a 4-0 lead and lost 5-4 in a Shoot Out to the Jets. 

Cory Schneider also left the game with an injury.

Hughes was on for the Jets 4th goal with like 7 minutes to play.  He was a mess in his own end, confused, chasing, spectacularly failing over probably a full minute of zone time for the Jets.  Sorta looked like what you'd expect putting a 150# 18 year old kid into an NHL game.  He got stapled to the bench until OT where he looked fast and skilled and almost finished it for NJ!  Also Gusev looked good.  Should be a fun game tomorrow!

Will Carrier scores for VGK against SJS, his first of the year.

9 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

He was a mess in his own end, confused, chasing, spectacularly failing over probably a full minute of zone time for the Jets. 

Hopefully the Sabres succeed in taking his time and space away.

2 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Hughes was on for the Jets 4th goal with like 7 minutes to play.  He was a mess in his own end, confused, chasing, spectacularly failing over probably a full minute of zone time for the Jets.  Sorta looked like what you'd expect putting a 150# 18 year old kid into an NHL game.  He got stapled to the bench until OT where he looked fast and skilled and almost finished it for NJ!  Also Gusev looked good.  Should be a fun game tomorrow!

We've got an 18 year old playing D and it looks like it isn't his first year... Heinola is going to be good...very good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

2 more observations from the Chicago-Philly game:

1. It was played in Prague in front of a 17K+ sellout crowd.

2.  Chicago has a defenseman whose last name is Koekkoek.

And one from the Toronto game:  that was a Mike Bossy goal that Matthews scored.

Koekkoek has been around for awhile. He used to be with Tampa (a 2012 pick, 10th overall).

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

And now Brayden McNabb.  You're welcome, Vegas.

And the Sharks just don't look good.  They've had numerous power plays and just don't look dangerous.

Being a season ticket holder for the Knights. McNabb is a shut down defensive defenseman. He really blossomed since coming to Vegas. Carrier plays hard every shift. Just needs to shoot more.

I liked Miller when we had him but one thing you guys will see in him is he misses the net a ton but he’s very shy on getting hit.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m still a Sabres fans since I lived there for my first 16 years plus my Aunt was a season seat holder since 1970. I’m torn when they play each other. If you people only knew what the Knights meant to Vegas and why we love them so much. I would have never seen this coming because we moved to Vegas in 89 when there were only 250,000 people here now it’s been growing ever since. Most of us here don’t want the Raiders here but I’m looking forward to when they play Buffalo because it’s gonna be filled with Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Devils are coming in hot tomorrow, thanks to a Jets defense/goaltending situation that is quickly confirming to be the hot mess we thought  it'd be.

Forget Roslovic and a 2nd, WPG. You want Risto? Give us Ehlers too. Or keep giving up 50 goals a game who cares

Not sure Risto helps that last part 

10 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Hughes looked pretty small. Roslovic drilled him into the Jets bench, and he’s not a big guy.

The OT was suited to his game. Hall and Hischier are way more dangerous players.

18 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Jack Edwards, ladies and gentlemen.

Btw, the immediate “self induced” observation from the colour guy isn’t great either.

Of course Edwards doubled down:

Chad FinnVerified account @GlobeChadFinn
FollowFollow @GlobeChadFinn
More

. @RealJackEdwards on his karma comment immediately after Roman Polak injury last night: “I stand by my real-time call, and I think Brick nailed it when he said Polak’s injury was ‘self-induced.’''

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Hughes looked pretty small. Roslovic drilled him into the Jets bench, and he’s not a big guy.

The OT was suited to his game. Hall and Hischier are way more dangerous players.

Hughes is only slightly bigger than Ennis. This might be a rough year as he grows. 

19 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Probably nothing to it, but Robert Kraft’s Granddaughter posted something on Instagram which could lead to speculation that the Senators might be purchased by the Krafts.

https://www.bardown.com/robert-kraft-s-granddaughter-posts-cryptic-photo-of-senators-arena-1.1376897

As if I needed any more reason to hate both of those parties 

On 10/4/2019 at 2:09 PM, That Aud Smell said:

Jack Edwards, ladies and gentlemen.

Btw, the immediate “self induced” observation from the colour guy isn’t great either.

The amount that people use the term "karma" where it has no actual application never ceases to amaze me. If it ever has any application at all, at least in the way people tend to use the term.

Anyways, Edwards is still a knob. 

Edited by Thorny

23 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think the Leaves would have loved to not sign him this time around, but what could they do.  There best shot at a cup in in the next few years and with him on the team.

If the Leaves ever win a cup with him he will be traded that very offseason, maybe even before the parade.  That's not to say that I think they will win a cup, as I don't.

Very skeptical. He's among the best players in the world. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.