Eleven

Around the NHL 2019-20

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

Did you catch my further response?  It would have been just as easy to quote that as well.

Did not. Sorry.

10 hours ago, inkman said:

Chara being...Chara

Hands/stick up into the face and then immediately backing off.  That really is classic Chara.  If he was human sized people would call it cowardly, but with him they call it restraint.

18 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

cbus.thumb.PNG.9601af02cb43e13c61982ba85e59b343.PNG

Columbus lost all of Artemi Panarin, Matt Duchene, Sergei Bobrovsky, and Ryan Dzingel (who had 26 goals and 56 points last year) this offseason and sit in this position. 

I would say that almost no franchise deserves the excuses they get for being bad, unless they're two or fewer seasons into a rebuild after a long, successful stretch of hockey. 

Just about any franchise at any time is capable of a competitive, compelling product. Certainly one that's been in the position we have been in any of the last five seasons.

But you need to tank in order to get the best players to build around.....

I think it's really helped Columbus that Elvis has entered the building and been pretty good.

And we all know that every young hockey players dream growing up is to play in Columbus......

12 hours ago, French Collection said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. This team needs to win a lot more games for someone to come in and say that.

Winning would certainly help, but Habs aren't winning much more than us. I think it has more to do with the team attitude. I still think we are a collection of individuals and too many people here don't see their time here as part of a team that is bigger than them.

Kassian kicking Cernak in the chest with the blade of his skate.  He’ll be getting another phone call from the NHL here.  Maybe he should settle down a little.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Kassian kicking Cernak in the chest with the blade of his skate.  He’ll be getting another phone call from the NHL here.  Maybe he should settle down a little.

A love tap... meh and a penalty should have been called on Cernak.  He basically laid on both of them.

5 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

A love tap... meh and a penalty should have been called on Cernak.  He basically laid on both of them.

Cernak took his time getting up for sure, but it doesn’t even matter.  Don’t try to blame Cernak for it.

You can’t intentionally kick someone with your skate blade.  It’s incredibly dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Cernak took his time getting up for sure, but it doesn’t even matter.  Don’t try to blame Cernak for it.

You can’t intentionally kick someone with your skate blade.  It’s incredibly dangerous.

True if you miss the chest protector... still I would have done the same or leaned in and thrown a punch if I could have reached... bs move on Cernak's side..

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

True if you miss the chest protector... still I would have done the same or leaned in and thrown a punch if I could have reached... bs move on Cernak's side..

.....bs (and total reckless a-hole) move on Kassian’s side.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Curt said:

That's an automatic match penalty  and 30 day suspension by USA Hockey rules (for amateur hockey). 30 day suspension from ALL team activities including practices and off ice activity.   Can't even go in the locker room.

Yeah. Skate kick to the chest is way beyond the pale. I'm sure they wear space-aged chest protectors, but there was no guarantee that the skate blade was going to meet flush with that protector. Kassian is nucking futs.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah. Skate kick to the chest is way beyond the pale. I'm sure they wear space-aged chest protectors, but there was no guarantee that the skate blade was going to meet flush with that protector. Kassian is nucking futs.

Meh. Even Cernak didn’t care. He knew he was holding down two players and in no hurry to get off of them.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Meh. Even Cernak didn’t care. He knew he was holding down two players and in no hurry to get off of them.

Cernak's reaction doesn't interest me much - he was in the midst of a battle and ongoing game flow. I trust he would have reacted quite differently had that skate blade forcefully made contact with an exposed part of his chest or abdomen -- something that didn't happen, apparently by sheer dumb luck.

Is it really a point of debate as to whether the league should tolerate players kicking other players with their skates?

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

That's an automatic match penalty  and 30 day suspension by USA Hockey rules (for amateur hockey). 30 day suspension from ALL team activities including practices and off ice activity.   Can't even go in the locker room.

Yep.  We had a kid do it in a game a few years ago and get caught.  A few years before that I had a kid on my team who kicked at a players face.  No call on the ice. I benched him for 3 games because of it.  There can be no tolerance for that kind of recklessness.

55 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Players lay on each other all the time. They don't kick each other with skates because of it. Kassian is a freakin jackhole for doing it. It's insanely reckless.  Cernak slips, moves the wrong way and that skate blade hits in a spot that cuts him wide open.... no bueno.

• Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Cernak's reaction doesn't interest me much - he was in the midst of a battle and ongoing game flow. I trust he would have reacted quite differently had that skate blade forcefully made contact with an exposed part of his chest or abdomen -- something that didn't happen, apparently by sheer dumb luck.

Is it really a point of debate as to whether the league should tolerate players kicking other players with their skates?

Apparently trying to disembowel someone is a "good people on both sides" situation now

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Cernak did care, but there was also a game going on that he was trying to play.  After the game he told reports that he asked Kassian “what the heck was that?!”  Paraphrasing.

Not that it matters at all.  It’s something that you just can not do regardless.  When you have giant blades attached to your feet, you shouldn’t try to kick people.  I feel like I should not even need to type that sentence, but apparently I do.

Edited by Curt

I love how one fact actually saw it and immediately complained to the linesman.  For whatever reason, I've always got a kick out of people yelling at linesmen for real ref stuff.

And sorry, I really wasn't going for a cheap pun with that getting a kick out of something line.

That’s a no no Kassian. Suspension incoming ...

Bruce is a good coach. Just good. I can see another team giving him a shot as head coach. I wonder if his coaching wears on players.

Hasn’t been discussed but Leafs lost. 
If they miss the playoffs, I’m gonna attempt a cartwheel. Their fans would lose their minds.

Now let’s go on a run and put some heat on them!

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13137884

Boudreau is a good coach, and had a bad team playing decent hockey, with bad results. He'll go somewhere and win games again

Also, just looked and they're 3 points out with 3 games in hand. 

Weird timing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

That’s a no no Kassian. Suspension incoming ...

Bruce is a good coach. Just good. I can see another team giving him a shot as head coach. I wonder if his coaching wears on players.

Agreed.

And also cant completely fault Bruce because of Minnesota's aging roster with an assortment of albatross contracts that are virtually unmovable.  Wild need to nuke and start over.