Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

51 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

McDavid out 2-3 weeks with a knee injury 

Kadri out indefinitely 

McScapula?

3 hours ago, shrader said:

It might be time to adjust the meds.

In before LTS. I don't think this kind of comment is good. I've been the target of such a thing, even worse actually. Over the line.

8 hours ago, shrader said:

It might be time to adjust the meds.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

McScapula?

In before LTS. I don't think this kind of comment is good. I've been the target of such a thing, even worse actually. Over the line.

I got warning points for less.

Actually, probably about the same.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

McScapula?

Thanks?  He's been building for awhile.  Tensions are high. Everyone is frustrated.. the fans, the owner, the players, the GM... its when people explode.

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I got warning points for less.

Actually, probably about the same.

Well, we don't know that he didn't.  It's not like they need to announce they said something to him.  I've been warned before too.  It's all good.  People are going to pop off once in awhile.  It's what they do outside of those moments that are what matter to me.  Lots of really good stuff posted?  So be it.  Always blowing up?  Another story.

I actually found it somewhat amusing.  Perhaps because at this particular point in time I have more stressful things happening outside of here so I have a different point of view.  Of course, I've been where he is on here too... sooooooo I'm not saying nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Weave said:

People here have been saying the Bruins window is closing since the tank years.

This is true, and they have some good younger guys. Picks like Carlo who i think was a second rounder and obviously Pasternak make for success but Rask is near the end and there is no young future goalie backing him up. Marchand, Bergeron, Krejci and Chara are all near the end and I don't see a group of replacements waiting in the wing. They will have to get lucky or creative to replace that core. 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Darren Pang reports  Bouwmeester is awake and alert and has been taken to an Anaheim Hospital 

The Ducks and Blues Game has been postponed 

That's terrifying.  Reports are that he seems to be stable.  I hope he's OK.  Glad they called the game.  How could any teammate play after seeing that?

Edited by Tondas

7 hours ago, Tondas said:

That's terrifying.  Reports are that he seems to be stable.  I hope he's OK.  Glad they called the game.  How could any teammate play after seeing that?

If they can play after Malarchuk/Zednik I'm pretty sure they can play after anything.  I'd bet that playing is actually the easiest escape from it.

I hope everything's ok there.  That's some truly scary stuff.

23 minutes ago, shrader said:

If they can play after Malarchuk/Zednik I'm pretty sure they can play after anything.  I'd bet that playing is actually the easiest escape from it.

This will seem insensitive, but I think they should have finished the game.

59 minutes ago, shrader said:

36 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This will seem insensitive, but I think they should have finished the game.

I was just thinking if it had been a big open ice hit or even a boarding and the guy was laying on the ice unconscious and had to be stretchered off, I feel like they would have finished the game.

Perhaps the uncertainty and confusion about what was happening, and what was wrong with him added to unwillingness to continue the game.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, shrader said:

I misread the post, so I didn't realize that they stopped it.  I can't fault anyone for that decision.  It's lose/lose, there is no right call there.

Actually, my post was based upon a false memory of the Rich Peverley incident.  I have learned now that they stopped that game, too.  

59 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

But, like, why?

Every circumstance like this is different. I think it's best to defer to the people on the scene.

Agreed. I'm good with them stopping the game. If I recall correctly, after Zednik got sliced the Panthers were pretty listless. If the Panthers had missed the playoffs by a point that season, I'd be saddened as a fan. Every player, fan, organization, and worker is going to have a different reaction to it and experience.

For example, if it had been the only game I had traveled into town to see for the season and it got postponed I'd be very disappointed as a fan, but I'd hope he's OK. And I suppose it's important to not make it a guaranteed precedent because eventually some team might benefit from a reschedule and either a) purposefully feign something or b) be wrongly accused of feigning.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.