Eleven

Around the NHL 2019-20

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Coyotes will now of course win the lottery 

This was, of course, the real motivation for the deal.

7 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Kovalchuk placed on waivers for contract termination. Some fine GMing out there in LA. Wonder if Kopitar and Doughty are thinking about requesting trades. 

Its mind boggling why they even signed him in the first place.

8 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Kovalchuk placed on waivers for contract termination. Some fine GMing out there in LA. Wonder if Kopitar and Doughty are thinking about requesting trades. 

Darcy Regier could do better than that.  I know the GM won't resign for cash reasons, but do you need more evidence to "go in a different direction."

Marc Crawford has suspension 'extended' to January 2, 2020.  Seems the Hawks have completed (?) their investigation and ...

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/chicago-blackhawks-marc-crawford-suspension-1.5398575

59 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Its mind boggling why they even signed him in the first place.

And not just that, but a 3 year deal to an over 35 proven flight risk. This was almost as predictable as Josh Gordon’s latest suspension. 

Edited by shrader

Can we fit Kopitar and his $10 mill under the cap for the next 4 years.

How about Mojo and Risto to LA for Kopitar? Can you imagine a top 6 anchored by Eichel and Kopitar for the next 4 years.  I know Kopitar is 32, but he is nearly a pt a game player on a crappy team.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

37 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How about Mojo and Risto to LA for Kopitar? Can you imagine a top 6 anchored by Eichel and Kopitar for the next 4 years.  I know Kopitar is 32, but he is nearly a pt a game player on a crappy team.  

Maybe you can get LA to retain some cap.  Kopitar is awesome on the PK also

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why would the Kings want Marcus Johansson and why would he want to go there?  If they are going to want someone, it's going to be Reinhart or Olofsson to go along with Risto. 

43 minutes ago, inkman said:

Why would the Kings want Marcus Johansson and why would he want to go there?  If they are going to want someone, it's going to be Reinhart or Olofsson to go along with Risto. 

Need to make the money work but MoJo has a limited NMC.  They aren’t getting either controlled player for a 32 year old C with a 10 mill cap hit for another 4 years.  They’ll be lucky to get Risto, a cap hit and a draft pick.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Islanders are going down the Sabres path of cheaply retiring numbers.

• Like (+1) 3

Thought maybe they were going to retire 91 on the night the Leafs were in town, but it's the Bruins that night.

• Like (+1) 1

Goring is a Winnipeg native...good on him!!!

That Kovalchuk contract is on the cap for another season after thisone. That is 6.25m for a player not even on your roster. When Jets' fans complain about some of the contracts on the team I look around the league and there are some absoultely terrible deals signed.

Ladd is making 5.5m on the cap and only 1m for a base salary with the rest signing bonuses. He's playing in the AHL.

Some GMs can't help themselves.

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

One player that I’ve never even heard of (Tonelli) and one that I’m only vaguely aware existed (Goring).  Are these guys really worthy of having numbers retired?

I think the whole retiring of numbers gets a little crazy.  How about just retiring their jersey, put it in the rafters if you want, put them in the team hall of fame, but still let other players wear the number.

A roster of 23 with 98 different numbers to choose from, retire away.  There are still plenty of options out there.

The only real crime is that the league no longer allows 00.