Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

59 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Its mind boggling why they even signed him in the first place.

And not just that, but a 3 year deal to an over 35 proven flight risk. This was almost as predictable as Josh Gordon’s latest suspension. 

Edited by shrader

Can we fit Kopitar and his $10 mill under the cap for the next 4 years.

How about Mojo and Risto to LA for Kopitar? Can you imagine a top 6 anchored by Eichel and Kopitar for the next 4 years.  I know Kopitar is 32, but he is nearly a pt a game player on a crappy team.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can we fit Kopitar and his $10 mill under the cap for the next 4 years.

How about Mojo and Risto to LA for Kopitar? Can you imagine a top 6 anchored by Eichel and Kopitar for the next 4 years.  I know Kopitar is 32, but he is nearly a pt a game player on a crappy team.  

Why would the Kings want Marcus Johansson and why would he want to go there?  If they are going to want someone, it's going to be Reinhart or Olofsson to go along with Risto. 

43 minutes ago, inkman said:

Why would the Kings want Marcus Johansson and why would he want to go there?  If they are going to want someone, it's going to be Reinhart or Olofsson to go along with Risto. 

Need to make the money work but MoJo has a limited NMC.  They aren’t getting either controlled player for a 32 year old C with a 10 mill cap hit for another 4 years.  They’ll be lucky to get Risto, a cap hit and a draft pick.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Goring is a Winnipeg native...good on him!!!

That Kovalchuk contract is on the cap for another season after thisone. That is 6.25m for a player not even on your roster. When Jets' fans complain about some of the contracts on the team I look around the league and there are some absoultely terrible deals signed.

Ladd is making 5.5m on the cap and only 1m for a base salary with the rest signing bonuses. He's playing in the AHL.

Some GMs can't help themselves.

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

One player that I’ve never even heard of (Tonelli) and one that I’m only vaguely aware existed (Goring).  Are these guys really worthy of having numbers retired?

I think the whole retiring of numbers gets a little crazy.  How about just retiring their jersey, put it in the rafters if you want, put them in the team hall of fame, but still let other players wear the number.

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

Nah they let Tim Connolly wear Westfall's number.

You do remember what # John Tucker wore, right?  LaFonataine's 16 was given to Taylor as well. 

And there was a reason that Hannan had to switch to 17.  Stiffs get to wear great players (and the not so greats) #'s all the time.

Eddie's set if they want him to be.

Edited by Taro T

On 12/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, Curt said:

One player that I’ve never even heard of (Tonelli) and one that I’m only vaguely aware existed (Goring).  Are these guys really worthy of having numbers retired?

I think the whole retiring of numbers gets a little crazy.  How about just retiring their jersey, put it in the rafters if you want, put them in the team hall of fame, but still let other players wear the number.

you're too young to remember the '80s Islanders

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.