Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

On 8/23/2020 at 10:20 PM, shrader said:

I mostly just think the agent is an idiot. That sword is a claymore, right? I can’t imagine those ever worked very well with the stabbing. 

People on here keep debating about the biology of the male sex and what constitutes professionalism, yet an agent has tweeted a painting (?) of his client with a claymore thrust through his torso. Come on guys, wtf. 

54 minutes ago, kas23 said:

People on here keep debating about the biology of the male sex and what constitutes professionalism, yet an agent has tweeted a painting (?) of his client with a claymore thrust through his torso. Come on guys, wtf. 

Men and women both have torsos.  And who in here is debating about the biology of the male sex?  I think we're all pretty clear on that topic.  If you're not, I can try to get the picture book that my mom gave to me about 42 years ago.

EDIT:  Highlight of book:

men have weiners

Edited by Eleven

If SDS were NBC and applied the same standards, I don't know how many of us would be left.

For there to be any support for NBC on this board... there's the real hypocrisy.

I think even NS would be out in the Internet-less desert wandering around for 40 years with the rest of us.

37 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Besides a link, Can someone breakdown the details of the Coyotes situation? 

The Coyotes were accused of conducting illegal pre-draft testing for more than 20 prospects from the Canadian Hockey League. According to sources, CHL teams accused the Coyotes of putting draft-eligible prospects through physical tests, which is not allowed before the NHL scouting combine.

--from ESPN--

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

The Coyotes were accused of conducting illegal pre-draft testing for more than 20 prospects from the Canadian Hockey League. According to sources, CHL teams accused the Coyotes of putting draft-eligible prospects through physical tests, which is not allowed before the NHL scouting combine.

--from ESPN--

Damn shame that the GM is gone eh?

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Has the NHL ever issued a bigger punishment for cheating?

No, just for player selection.

And am I ever a dummy.  I read it as "League's Combined Testing Policy" and thought they had misreported COVID results in the bubble or something.  I'm just now figuring out what this is for.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Correct 

That's one way to get teams to rethink skirting a leaguewide policy.  

But as someone earlier mentioned, can't help but wonder what the punishment would've been had it been the B's, the Loafs, the Rags, or 1 of the 2-3 other MFTs committing the infractions.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Moved a bunch of posts into the politics club.

Many of which posts concerned social relations, sports, athletes speaking out, and not politics.  Some of us were VERY careful not to mention politics in that discussion.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Many of which posts concerned social relations, sports, athletes speaking out, and not politics.  Some of us were VERY careful not to mention politics in that discussion.

Do you think Labatt felt like your posts were "careful?"  It sure looked like he got offended and left -- which has happened a number of times as a direct result of people (not just you) blasting away with politically-related ad hominem attacks in threads on the main board.  Neo left and now it looks like Flagg has done so as well.

If your point is that discussions of race relations aren't political, I think you're just splitting hairs.

There's a reason the politics club was formed.  Keep it there, please.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.