Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

There's no need to reseed these teams, just like there's no need to expand the playoffs to 24.  The NHL really just can't get out of its own way sometimes.  But I do see how some warmup games are a good idea.

No, there isn't.  But pretty sure their TV Network partners want as many friggin' "playoff" games as they can humanly get.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:14 PM, dudacek said:

On 6/18/2020 at 12:16 PM, shrader said:

I have no idea what I just read.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:17 PM, Weave said:

So,Russia has weird right wing conspiracy theorists too.

It was a bizarre read, to say the least.

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

There's no need to reseed these teams, just like there's no need to expand the playoffs to 24.  The NHL really just can't get out of its own way sometimes.  But I do see how some warmup games are a good idea.

No Sabres or California teams to root for!   Guess I’ll root for Vegas.  Eastern Conference?   I guess it’s Buffalo South and the Carolina Hurricanes.  

10 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

No Sabres or California teams to root for!   Guess I’ll root for Vegas.  Eastern Conference?   I guess it’s Buffalo South and the Carolina Hurricanes.  

Vancouver and Tampa Bay for me.  As Vancouver is my second team of course.  I don't mind Colorado.  I will never root for Carolina.  Ugh.  Sorry!  I put Carolina right up there with Toronto, and Montreal as my least favorite teams.  ?  I can respect Carolina, but I won't root for them to win anything.  First round exit please!

Edited by TheCerebral1

@BlueJacketsPR
· 5h
NEWS: #CBJ

NHL_Team_Emojis_2019_2020_BlueJackets.pn
announce the one-year contract for the 2020-21 season agreed to by F Mikhail Grigorenko in April has been submitted to and approved by the NHL. Grigorenko has 22-42-64, 30 PIM in 217 career NHL games (COL, BUF) and has spent the past three seasons with CSKA (KHL).

8 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:
@BlueJacketsPR
· 5h
NEWS: #CBJ

NHL_Team_Emojis_2019_2020_BlueJackets.pn
announce the one-year contract for the 2020-21 season agreed to by F Mikhail Grigorenko in April has been submitted to and approved by the NHL. Grigorenko has 22-42-64, 30 PIM in 217 career NHL games (COL, BUF) and has spent the past three seasons with CSKA (KHL).

Good for him. I hope he becomes a productive player in the NHL. 

5 hours ago, Weave said:

ZOMG! WE WASTED AN ASSET!!

Did I do that right?

Well, aside from the fact that Pilut was an RFA whom we still had the NHL rights to, who we were actively trying to sign, who was an AHL All-Star, as opposed to an AHL depth player who wasn’t even property of the Buffalo Sabres, yes. 

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Well, aside from the fact that Pilut was an RFA whom we still had the NHL rights to, who we were actively trying to sign, who was an AHL All-Star, as opposed to an AHL depth player who wasn’t even property of the Buffalo Sabres, yes. 

Can’t it just be #universaloverreaction?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Based on [math], I think he could pull 40.

I don't. His best season is 30 in 61 games but he was getting 19 minutes a night when he did that. He will never get enough ice time or pp time to get up to 40 points. 

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Watching a VTC with Eichel and Josh Allen. Even the wife said Eichel looks unhappy. Maybe he’s just hung over. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=274966797121113&id=15106442953&notif_t=live_video_explicit&notif_id=1595199659815373&ref=m_notif

I don’t think he looked unhappy - just bored not playing hockey. 

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Watching a VTC with Eichel and Josh Allen. Even the wife said Eichel looks unhappy. Maybe he’s just hung over. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=274966797121113&id=15106442953&notif_t=live_video_explicit&notif_id=1595199659815373&ref=m_notif

Ya know, I always hate those things. I found that completely enjoyable.

Two things. Duff is a consummate pro, and Josh Allen is a true star. I think Eichel is, too, but it’s different, somehow.

I find that I really like both of those guys for different reasons.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.