Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

The Devils trade wouldn’t even be good for us 

First, I wouldn't do any of those trades without another 1st round pick added to all of them. 

Second, Jack Hughes was always going to be bad his first NHL year. They should have sent him back because he is the prime example of physically just not being ready. I think that really hurt him as he couldn't keep physically with the basic demands of NHL hockey. Hopefully having the extended offseason allows him to add 15-20lbs because that is what he will need to succeed. 

11 minutes ago, shrader said:

Same here.  I was very surprised when I clicked on that and a lot of the initial posts were about how people never even noticed an animal until now.

Yeah like they just thought the Wild's logo was a nature scene.  

I never gave it much thought, so I was learning for the first time that it was in the shape of an animal.

I did find myself shaking my head at the OP who was *nerding* out on how utterly amazing the logo is (like, the best in all of sports?). I guess, from a design professional's standpoint, there's a lot to admire. As a fan/consumer, I think it's an unappealing mess.

Also, it looks more like a bear than a wolf to me. But I think the designer intentionally made it ambiguous.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

First, I wouldn't do any of those trades without another 1st round pick added to all of them. 

Second, Jack Hughes was always going to be bad his first NHL year. They should have sent him back because he is the prime example of physically just not being ready. I think that really hurt him as he couldn't keep physically with the basic demands of NHL hockey. Hopefully having the extended offseason allows him to add 15-20lbs because that is what he will need to succeed. 

Really? Im surprised that you would say that about the McDavid/Mackinnon+Host trades.

38 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I never gave it much thought, so I was learning for the first time that it was in the shape of an animal.

I did find myself shaking my head at the OP who was *nerding* out on how utterly amazing the logo is (like, the best in all of sports?). I guess, from a design professional's standpoint, there's a lot to admire. As a fan/consumer, I think it's an unappealing mess.

Also, it looks more like a bear than a wolf to me. But I think the designer intentionally made it ambiguous.

I always knew it was an animal, but I thought it was a Wolverine

20181211205937-Coyote-Wolverine-Faces-co

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Zamboni said:

It’s a moon?

i thought it was a sun the whole time!

I kid I kid ?

I think it’s a horrific logo ?‍♂️

I think it’s terrific.

10 hours ago, Curt said:

It doesn’t look like a wolf.  I always thought it was a cat, mountain lion.

Definitely a cat.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Travis Hamonic has opted out of the NHL RTP Format 

I don't blame him one bit. He has his kids to think about.

He either signs with the Jets or retires after this season...probably retires.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I haven't kept up with everything; what is the round robin all about?

Not sure. I’ve only caught snippets but a 24 team playoff doesn’t breakdown to a two team final. My guess is eight of the 24 will get knocked out of contention to bring it to a normal sixteen team playoff. However they do this it’s a lot of hockey in a short time. 

17 hours ago, French Collection said:

The round robin is to seed the 8 teams that received a bye into the next round.

It also allows them to get some games in, instead of sitting idle while their competition gets battle hardened.

There's no need to reseed these teams, just like there's no need to expand the playoffs to 24.  The NHL really just can't get out of its own way sometimes.  But I do see how some warmup games are a good idea.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.