Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Oddly that seems to be true. Though it had to have some impact, just based on numbers. But I guess that shows what wearing masks can do to control infection.

"The numbers" of protesters are not nearly as large as the numbers of people going out to bars.  And being inside aids the transmission of the virus.  So between the fact that (most) demonstrators did wear masks, and people going to bars in great numbers do not wear masks, the reopening is what's driving the numbers.  I would say the number of people of bars versus the number of protesters here in Texas is probably on the order of 1000 to 1.  It's just that the protests are getting more coverage.

I came across this timeline from a tweet. I don’t know the rules (if any) on pushing non official sources. Can anyone corroborate?

July 24: Travel to hubs

July 25: Exhibition games

July 30: Qualif. round begins

Aug. 9: First round of playoffs begins

Aug. 23: Second round begins

Sept. 6: Conf Finals begin

Sept. 20: SCF begins

Oct. 2: Last poss. game of SCF

NHL training camps will open mid November. The 2020-21 season will begin December 1.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, French Collection said:

Isn’t the real east coast 1/2 hour ahead of you?

Actually, no, but we had to convince the Newfies to join Canada and not the US, so we bribed them with their own time zone.  I am not 100% sure, but I think the tropical island of Newfoundland is the only land in that zone.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, IKnowPhysics said:

***** yes.  Enough with the short-term money grubbing.  Get the best players onto the best world stage for sport.  Grow the game.

By the way, with the possibility of Olympics comes the possibility that not only is Jack on Team USA, but by 2022, he's potentially the captain of Team USA.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Minnesota hires Judd Brackett as Director of Scouting 

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Who?

He was the Director of Scouting for the Canucks until June 30th.  

He had numerous disagreements with Jim Benning on who to draft. Two instances were Brackett won out were drafting Boeser and Pettersson.  The thought around the league is that the Canucks let the wrong person go. 

• Like (+1) 2

so, just read this...  According to Joe Dibiase of Buffalo radio station WGR550, Jack Eichel is expected to be traded to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for Jack Hughes, Nico Hischier, and a first round pick. Strangely Devil fans have taken the stance that they (devils) were getting ripped off in this deal. I think it is the other way around but what ever...

9 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

so, just read this...  According to Joe Dibiase of Buffalo radio station WGR550, Jack Eichel is expected to be traded to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for Jack Hughes, Nico Hischier, and a first round pick. Strangely Devil fans have taken the stance that they (devils) were getting ripped off in this deal. I think it is the other way around but what ever...

oh my god stop with this dreck

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was a speculative column where dibiase put forth a number of scenarios about what the Sabres would want from various teams for Eichel in order to illustrate how unlikely it is that he would ever be traded.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/so-you-want-to-trade-for-jack-eichel-good-luck-with-that

Not news at all, and never presented as such.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

Yeah, he mentioned on the locked on sabres podcast that he would be writing a "what if" article about trades. The preface being that the sabres are not looking trade. 

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

It was a speculative column where dibiase put forth a number of scenarios about what the Sabres would want from various teams for Eichel in order to illustrate how unlikely it is that he would ever be traded.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/so-you-want-to-trade-for-jack-eichel-good-luck-with-that

Not news at all, and never presented as such.

The Devils trade wouldn’t even be good for us 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.