Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Mark has always been an astute student of the game. It’s part of why he’s so damn good too. I would trade quite a bit to get a guy like Mark on the Sabres. I’ve been a fan since his rookie year.

Schiefele is my kind of player.

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Would you do  Schiefele and a 2021 1st (not protected) for Dahlin and Okposo?

I know I'm not the person whom you asked the question of, but I'm not sending 20 year old Dahlin out for 27 year old Scheifele.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Mark has always been an astute student of the game. It’s part of why he’s so damn good too. I would trade quite a bit to get a guy like Mark on the Sabres. I’ve been a fan since his rookie year.

Hopefully we have our Scheifele with Cozens. Same draft spot. Not dissimilar in style of game, though Cozens is perhaps more 2-way focused. Both big Canadian boys. 

50 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Would you do  Schiefele and a 2021 1st (not protected) for Dahlin and Okposo?

Hell no. Do people realize how special Dahlin's first two seasons were relative to others that age? I love Scheifele, but if Dahlin hypothetically follows a similar relative development curve to Scheifele, he'll be a significantly more valuable asset. 

Reinhart's early career trajectory actually compares favourably to Scheifele's. Though I suspect Sam doesn't quite reach his heights, that of an ~ point a game player. 

Edited by Thorny

https://www.tsn.ca/hub-cities-begin-submitting-proposals-to-nhl-1.1471924

I would guess Buffalo has a strong chance of becoming an NHL hub city. Between Key Bank Center and Harborplace you have 3 NHL rinks, locker rooms, training facilities, hotel, food service and media infrastructure, all in a space that can be sealed off from the general public.  Not to mention top-shelf medical facilities just up the street.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

One (not the only one) of the reasons Scheif is so poor defensively is because he plays the majority of the time with the 2 worst defensive wingers (KC and Wheeler) in the top 6.

Ehlers is better than KC or Wheeler and I would say Laine is too. It's too bad the awards will have an * beside them this season because I think Helle will win the Vezina.

I'd like to see who he has picked for the other awards.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:04 PM, Neo said:

Classic ...  30% were Sabres!

This may just be a function of how many clubs have never won the Cup. Only 11 teams have not, which includes a handful of expansion teams. However, anyway you slice it, it’s still sad. 

• Like (+1) 1

if they wont cancel, the only solution is to have games with no fans and hope a player doesnt get sick and sue the league

its completely irresponsible to the players to keep it going while there is not a cure. they are literally putting the players lives at risk. its shameful

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, miles said:

if they wont cancel, the only solution is to have games with no fans and hope a player doesnt get sick and sue the league

its completely irresponsible to the players to keep it going while there is not a cure. they are literally putting the players lives at risk. its shameful

It's not irresponsible at all. There's nothing shameful about it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, miles said:

There may never be a full cure; we aren't just going to hide in our homes until it might come.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, miles said:

The risks to the players is minimal and besides no one is forcing them to play.  Any player can refuse to play if they desire. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.