Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

3 hours ago, shrader said:

The problem they’re trying to solve is not the draft order. It’s an attempt to recover lost revenue. That said, using the draft order as a revenue tool is an absolutely horrible idea. 

My mistake. 

Though, the "bad teams accumulate points, top team gets the first pick" system has been bandied about for years. 

It's incredibly counter-intuitive. "Play really well now so you might be able to bring a guy to your team who will take your job!"

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Zamboni said:

Hey why didn’t Zamboni get a shot? I’m like a Drury type. ?

Coach must have me in the doghouse. Yea, yea, that’s why.

There were more but it ended after 5. Simulated only once to maintain integrity. Two of the shooters, the names are difficult to make out, apologies. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Would have liked a little bit better of a showing from @darksabre but oh well..

in my defence, I am normally left handed shot. Pretty cocky of me to go in wronghanded, I know.

Eleven with a sick move, though. I’m thinking there should be a spot for him in the next development camp.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Would have liked a little bit better of a showing from @darksabre but oh well..

This is the best content I ever have seen on here.  It beats @josie Josie's police donut animals, even.  This is simply tremendous.  I think I could watch this as least as often as I watch Robert Esche lose it, blow his cool, and flip his lid.  Thank you! 

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

This is the best content I ever have seen on here.  It beats @josie Josie's police donut animals, even.  This is simply tremendous.  I think I could watch this as least as often as I watch Robert Esche lose it, blow his cool, and flip his lid.  Thank you! 

No, not close.

But thank you!

Maybe I'll make another one in a bit and change up the order so others may get to shoot, too ?

Sabres up 1-0 over Bruins. 

Edited by Thorny

34 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I place you under Sabrespace arrest. your punishment is watching that 6-1 Philly game on repeat, 24/7

If Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid played baseball instead of hockey then the buffalo sabres would have made the playoffs more recently than 2011. Just sayin

10 minutes ago, ubkev said:

If Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid played baseball instead of hockey then the buffalo sabres would have made the playoffs more recently than 2011. Just sayin

And if this team lost Jack Eichel for any significant amount of time, the center spine of Johansson - Lazar - Larsson - Asplund would lead them to the worst season in league history. Just cuz the tank was stupid doesn't mean we don't have a ridiculous player that we should cherish and stop wasting 

The old games really opened my eyes. Briere was good, but nobody on those teams approached the shift-in shift-out impact Eichel has. We play a dangerous game wallowing in mediocrity and taking his level of play for granted 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

And if this team lost Jack Eichel for any significant amount of time, the center spine of Johansson - Lazar - Larsson - Asplund would lead them to the worst season in league history. Just cuz the tank was stupid doesn't mean we don't have a ridiculous player that we should cherish and stop wasting 

The old games really opened my eyes. Briere was good, but nobody on those teams approached the shift-in shift-out impact Eichel has. We play a dangerous game wallowing in mediocrity and taking his level of play for granted 

For the record, my laugh emoji wasn’t directed at Jack.  I don’t think UBKev’s was, either.  I think he’s poking dun at the circumstances despite Jack.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.