Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

Cirelli with an awesome cross check of Chara.  I’m on the bus to try and pry him out of TB.  

He was really really good in the PK tonight too.  They played the Bruins hard and look now (with their deadline additions) like this time they might have enough grit to win it all. 

Bogo goes from a terminated contract to a cup win.........I dunno, would that be good for him, sad for us, or maybe just ironic? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I cant with the complete homerism of the Bruins announcers. 

agreed...those B announcers are absolutely pathetic. They are one bunch where I always turn down the volume as I simply cannot listen to their rhetoric and BS...mind you Boston is pretty good. Give them the Sabres for a while and they'd change their tune. I sure wish we could just win one lousy Cup for RJ; or for that matter, maybe just play a stinkin' playoff game

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

agreed...those B announcers are absolutely pathetic. They are one bunch where I always turn down the volume as I simply cannot listen to their rhetoric and BS...mind you Boston is pretty good. Give them the Sabres for a while and they'd change their tune. I sure wish we could just win one lousy Cup for RJ; or for that matter, maybe just play a stinkin' playoff game

I actually don't think they're that bad. Their intermission crew is actually far more critical of the Bruins play than our lot is of the Sabres. I've seen games where the Bruins were up 2-0 and they've been talking about how they have to be better at this or that, meanwhile we're down 2-0 and you listen to things like "it was a good effort" and such. They are biased like all home town announcers, but they hold them to a higher standard as well.

As for the Ottawa thing it's absolutely hilarious that that argument phone call took place on Valentine's day and he told the owner directly the best thing he could do for the team was leave town for a while. Too funny.

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I actually don't think they're that bad. Their intermission crew is actually far more critical of the Bruins play than our lot is of the Sabres. I've seen games where the Bruins were up 2-0 and they've been talking about how they have to be better at this or that, meanwhile we're down 2-0 and you listen to things like "it was a good effort" and such. They are biased like all home town announcers, but they hold them to a higher standard as well.

As for the Ottawa thing it's absolutely hilarious that that argument phone call took place on Valentine's day and he told the owner directly the best thing he could do for the team was leave town for a while. Too funny.

Really you can stand listening to Jack the worm.. his voice sounds like mush and Brickley has the worst takes ever...  I usually go over to the opposing teams announcers...

Last night I listened to the Burgh announcers... talk about bland though... I think I'd take Bastan announcers over them.

10 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Really you can stand listening to Jack the worm.. his voice sounds like mush and Brickley has the worst takes ever...  I usually go over to the opposing teams announcers...

Last night I listened to the Burgh announcers... talk about bland though... I think I'd take Bastan announcers over them.

I don't have anti Boston hate. I find overall (with some exceptions) announcers tend to be similar to their teams. Pittsburgh for example constantly whine about non calls just like Crosby does. Boston, well they are like Bostonians. Loud, arrogant, opinionated and they love the rough stuff, just like the fans. Buffalo, not going to talk about RJ since he is a bit of a shadow or echo of a previous bygone era, but the current crop are bland, uninspiring and very forgiving. Dull, like a lot of the hockey. 

On 3/9/2020 at 7:46 AM, North Buffalo said:

Hockey broadcasts have changed and they are difficult to listen to. It's all conversation now and little play by play...the old days of Ted Darling and Hockey Night in Canada are long gone...in those days the analyst only spoke when play was stopped. You can tell RJ gets annoyed when Ray keeps talking after play has started......and Ray is an idiot

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Italy shut down the country today

Yep. Saw that. Their number of infected and deaths are damn significant.  Especially considering the size of the population.

(I had a bunch more to say, but I deleted it. It’s not the right thread for it lol)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.