Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

Buffalo will have to win five out of the next seven games just to stay afloat. Not one of those teams is going to be easy so I would say if they actually accomplish that record, they will make the playoffs. Schedule after the next seven is really in their favor but man it is going to be a gauntlet coming up...

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Buffalo will have to win five out of the next seven games just to stay afloat. Not one of those teams is going to be easy so I would say if they actually accomplish that record, they will make the playoffs. Schedule after the next seven is really in their favor but man it is going to be a gauntlet coming up...

Don't they have a Boston-Carolina-Carolina right after their next seven? Those teams have beaten the Sabres a combined 15 straight times 

3 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

It will be a gauntlet.  But considering nothing is ever as simple as it seems (if it were they'd've pulled 5 more points out of the last 12 or so game stretch (Otters at home, Detroit at home, and either Mintreal at home or Otters on the road)) no reason to believe they can't keep the dream alive through this stretch that they should be lucky (all things equal) to get about 5 points out of.  They take 10-12 points here, they need to go balls to the wall at the end, but they could.

10 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

Well that sucks.

Bogosian minus 2.  Nice addition Tampa.  

He'll be a healthy scratch by game 6 of the first round.  They'll lose anyway.  

Did it ever cross his mind that we'd be watching him like hawks?

16 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The next McDavid?

Maybe the clip doesn't fairly represent (his) actual game speed - but he didn't remind me of (a young?) McDavid in terms of skating explosiveness. But given those numbers, he's clearly doing a lot of things very, very well. Barely 16 y/o -- it will be interesting to see whether he continues on a similar trajectory.

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Maybe the clip doesn't fairly represent (his) actual game speed - but he didn't remind me of (a young?) McDavid in terms of skating explosiveness. But given those numbers, he's clearly doing a lot of things very, very well. Barely 16 y/o -- it will be interesting to see whether he continues on a similar trajectory.

I'd agree with all of this

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.