Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

12 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

At least Montreal, Philly and Toronto all won tonight so Botts has zero reason to even think about playoffs as the deadline approaches. Once they get trounced by Pitt on Saturday, the curtain will drop shortly after....

Except we play really well on Saturday mornings and Pitt could be caught looking ahead to their Sunday showdown with the Caps (backup goalie for us, etc.). We win and we're in! Wait... we win and JBot sees progress rather than necessary adjustments.

14 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

https://twitter.com/WGR550/status/1230673548110434304?s=20

Wonder if Gerbe can be had in a trade, shows more heart, passion and quite frankly, strength than over half our roster.

Come to think of it, Ennis shows more speed and skill then half our roster.

Any chance we can put the smurf squad back together ?

that's funny...remember the good old "smurfs" the Sabres were referred to years ago? Danny Briere I am sure would still be a improvement on over 3/4's of our current roster

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

that's funny...remember the good old "smurfs" the Sabres were referred to years ago? Danny Briere I am sure would still be a improvement on over 3/4's of our current roster

I don't remember anyone having a problem with Briere not being tough.  There was a spear to Ovechkin's groin that we took issue with, though.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't remember anyone having a problem with Briere not being tough.  There was a spear to Ovechkin's groin that we took issue with, though.

but he was part of the "smurfs" yes that spear was nasty but then again OV has a way of rubbing people the wrong way (still does)

14 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Kase to Boston for Backed and a 1st per multiple reports

yes it is this Kase guy who has a whole 23 point sin 49 games for a 1st rounder, forward David Backes, and defenceman Axel Andersson. Am I missing something here? seems like a whole lot for a 24 year old guy with 23 points. Of course Scandella got a 2nd rounder and a 4th so whatever...

Edited by Sabre fan

1 minute ago, Sabre fan said:

yes it is this Kase guy who has a whole 23 point sin 49 games for a 1st rounder, forward David Backes, and defenceman Axel Andersson. Am I missing something here? seems like a whole lot for a 24 year old guy with 23 points. Of course Scandella got two 2nd rounders so whatever...

Well the 1st is essentially for taking Backes cap hit off their books

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

We need more defense depth first. Just ask jason. 

Honestly, they don't have much now. It's probably why Risto ends up sticking around. Until someone like Borgen or Fitzgerald is ready to come up the only other guy they have is Pilut who is just okay. They don't have to pay Dahlin or Joker yet, just Montour, so it's kinda whatever.

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I like Borgen a lot - what are the chances he can have an impact like last year's Cernak, or this year's Jokiharju, in terms of quality play? Or even just 80% of Joki's impact 

He's got tenacity and would neatly step in for McCabe in terms of skills I think. The issue of course is Borgen is yet another RHD. So unless he can (or is allowed to) switch sides he's blocked until Risto/Montour/Miller moves. And probably until 2 of them move.

15 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Honestly, they don't have much now. It's probably why Risto ends up sticking around. Until someone like Borgen or Fitzgerald is ready to come up the only other guy they have is Pilut who is just okay. They don't have to pay Dahlin or Joker yet, just Montour, so it's kinda whatever.

Literally doesn't matter this year. Fix the forwards. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.