Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

3 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Awesome for him. FL 7 D sounds familiar. 

Nice to see Leafs out of playoffs now, and that arena is oh so quiet.

Unlike us, they use their 7th D man as a forward. We just rest D men more and mix up pairs so nobody knows where anybody is and the 3 main forward lines get tired. 

leafs missing the playoffs is my dream for the year now. 

37 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The best part was the ref calling the awarded goal (because of the trip) just slightly before the puck actually went in.  I don't remember actually seeing an awarded goal before.  I probably have and just forgot about it.

Interesting.  I didn't know they award it right away, but figured they'd wait until Toronto touches the puck.  I wonder if that would void out any assists if a pass had sprung loose Pysyk.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

The best part was the ref calling the awarded goal (because of the trip) just slightly before the puck actually went in.  I don't remember actually seeing an awarded goal before.  I probably have and just forgot about it.

It happened at the end of a Sabres game last year. Of course, it was not a Sabre who was awarded the goal.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Gone are the Mike Peca's, he'd never sniff the NHL if he played today... and I"m not OK with that, because those guys brought energy and emotion to the game.   

Really solid rant, with many fair points.

As for Peca specifically, I'm going to venture that, if that same kid were coming up through today's systems, he'd still have played in the league. His game would be different, of course. But given his natural physical gifts and his work ethic, I am thinking he'd have made it. OTOH, he may not have been the sort of impact player/leader that he was.

The Jets have had to play this year with 7.6m less on their cap than other teams because of the Buff situation. Sbisa, Bitetto, and now Niku are all staring D men for us this year and we are a couple of points out of the playoffs and people want Maurice's head...he should get coach of the year for what he has done this year. It is hard to believe I am anxiously awaiting Boolow coming back from injury because he is better than 2 or 3 D men we have playing regularly...Kulikov is our best D man after Morrissey and Pionk this year and he is a 3rd pairing guy.

How does Chevy negotiate a settlement where he gives Buff money and sets him free? For nothing in return?

Why should he get money? He is suspended for not showing up. Poor deal if you ask me. Lose Buff for nothing but capspace. Love the capspace but this is a sour deal for the Jets.

If someone picks him up for a playoff run and he is in shape, watch out.

At least the situation is close to over and Chevy will have some cash to play with and see if he can pick up a D man and hopefully a RHD.

Buff, Trouba, Myers and Chiarot all gone from last year's D corps replaced with Sbisa and Dahlstrom via waiver wire and Bitetto but let's fire the coach...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Red Wings and Kings look like the only two teams that won't pass Buffalo in the standings. Let's just hope we don't get knocked out of top 3 come lottery time. What's 1 more year right? This team has been dead to me for a couple months so keep bringing on the Ls

As bad as the Sabres have been I don't see NJ Anacrime or Ottawa passing us. San Jose may sell too.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

After scoring 14 goals in his last 7 games, with 3 hat tricks in the last 6 comprising 9 of those goals, Ovechkin has hit 40 goals on the season, in 53 games.

Best goal scorer of all time. He may not top Gretzky's career total (though I kinda think he will), but adjusting for era, I don't think there's even an argument. 

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

There's no way he's not using PEDs, right?

Shush, you! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I dunno, I generally have a large amount of ignorance on this subject. For instance - I force myself to believe that Usain Bolt has never done any drugs

I'm mostly joking, but man, it's weird that he's doing this kind of stuff at 34 when he should be losing a step. But maybe he's just got that dad strength or something. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.