Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

32 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

If Belfour wants to have a few drinks, lay on his back, and clutch a "curtain rod" (man, have terms used changed these days), I don't think it "rises" to the level of unusual hallway décor abuse that is anything out of the ordinary...…………...

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

If Belfour wants to have a few drinks, lay on his back, and clutch a "curtain rod" (man, have terms used changed these days), I don't think it "rises" to the level of unusual hallway décor abuse that is anything out of the ordinary...…………...

Especially in Bowling Green.  Imagine surviving the Bowling Green Massacre.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

RNH fought, Kassian swung his arm around throwing punches while Tkachuk dropped and turtled......

Actually I thought he answered the bell this time, they had it out and it was over. Proper answer, proper response, real hockey. Not what Sabres fans are used to. 

Tkachuk is a rat, an instigator, but I gained respect for him here. We desperately could use a guy like that. Desperately. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Tkachuk is a rat, an instigator, but I gained respect for him here. We desperately could use a guy like that. Desperately. 

Skinner is that too. But he always ends up drawing the penalty from the other team before the fight starts.  His penalty last game was an example of that but the ref caught what he was doing before the other player could retaliate.

Boston just turned into an interesting team to watch at the deadline.  Backes cleared waivers and has refused to report to the AHL.  So that should open the door for them to suspend him if they want, freeing up around $5 million worth of cap space.  That doesn't mean they will go that route, but they'll have the option.

The Sabres have played 3031:03 minutes of hockey at all situations this season. With Eichel on the ice, 36% of those minutes, they have 88 goals (60% of their total) and 54 goals against (35% of their total), including empty netters. They are a +34 with Eichel on the ice. 

Without Eichel on the ice, they have 58 goals for and 102 goals against. (-44)

Comparisons for Jack's peers:
The Leafs have 84 goals and 43 goals allowed with Matthews on the ice (+41). 101 goals for, 123 goals against without him. (-22)
The Avs have 90 goals for and 55 goals against with MacKinnon on the ice (+35). 89 goals for, 87 goals against without MacKinnon on the ice (+2)
Oilers, McDavid: 100 GF, 59 GA, +41. without: 56 GF, 96 GA (-40)
Panthers, Barkov: 81 GF, 50 GA, +31. without: 99 GF, 110 GA (-11) 

We are on par with Edmonton, team-building wise! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, shrader said:

Boston just turned into an interesting team to watch at the deadline.  Backes cleared waivers and has refused to report to the AHL.  So that should open the door for them to suspend him if they want, freeing up around $5 million worth of cap space.  That doesn't mean they will go that route, but they'll have the option.

Huge for them if it happens. My money's on Toffoli going there. RW is their need above all to play with Krejci and DeBrusk.

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Skinner is that too. But he always ends up drawing the penalty from the other team before the fight starts.  His penalty last game was an example of that but the ref caught what he was doing before the other player could retaliate.

I'm confused. Are you comparing Tkachuk and Skinner? I see no similarity.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:36 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Huge for them if it happens. My money's on Toffoli going there. RW is their need above all to play with Krejci and DeBrusk.

I'm confused. Are you comparing Tkachuk and Skinner? I see no similarity.

Stylistically?  No.  But in the end effect, Skinner is effective at getting other teams off their games.  (or at least he was, prior to his injury)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.