Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

4 hours ago, bobs0108 said:

Have you ever gone across the boarder saying you’re American. The Canadians get pissy about it.  

Not only that, but when asked "do you have anything to declare" responded back with "yes, Canada sucks."  (It was a REALLY bad day.) The border guard laughed and waived us through.  (Of course that was coming back into 'Merica; never dumb enough to say anything other than "US" when asked heading the other way.  Though a friend did answer to the "do you have any alcohol, tobacco, or firearms to declare" question "no more than we can use today."  Got a chuckle and a wave through.  Probably helped that she was smoking hot.)

I loved that Tkachuk / Kassian sequence.  That's how hockey used to be played, with emotion and guys genuinely not liking eachother hitting one and other purely to intimidate and flaunt their machismo.    Boy that hockey was fun to watch... and play!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I loved that Tkachuk / Kassian sequence.  That's how hockey used to be played, with emotion and guys genuinely not liking eachother hitting one and other purely to intimidate and flaunt their machismo.    Boy that hockey was fun to watch... and play!

Even Kassian said as much... big boy hockey.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/15/2020 at 8:07 PM, CallawaySabres said:

So Philly just keeps on winning as they beat Boston then st louis. Any chance of catching 8th is a pipedream unfortunately 

Lost tonight. They are an odd team. Great one night, absolute crap the next. Hard to figure out. We might have a better shot at catching Toronto though. One can dream.

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Reminds me of an NHL team that I'm quite find of.

I get where you're going but unlike us when they are on they can really rack up the goals. Much more forward talent on that team. Their D is often suspect and some of the forwards seem to take games off. That last part might be the same.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/jets-perreault-mad-canucks-virtanen-no-suspension

Perreault was not too happy. I don't blame him. He has the record for 4 players suspended for infractions against him and this one shouldhave been the 5th.

“I got to take matters in my own hand next time this happens and I get to swing my stick across his forehead, and I shouldn’t get suspended then,” added Perreault.

Edited by Ducky

44 minutes ago, Ducky said:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/jets-perreault-mad-canucks-virtanen-no-suspension

Perreault was not too happy. I don't blame him. He has the record for 4 players suspended for infractions against him and this one shouldhave been the 5th.

“I got to take matters in my own hand next time this happens and I get to swing my stick across his forehead, and I shouldn’t get suspended then,” added Perreault.

If he does decide to go that route he needs to be smart enough to say in the days leading up to their next game against Vancouver that he was 'just kidding' or 'clearly exaggerating due to the emotion of the moment' or he'll be suspended longer than all those other 4 combined.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.