Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

42 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yep, that'll show 'em. That'll be the end of headshots.

No not likely but its always satisfying to me to see team mates that have each others backs in those situations. Its a contact sport. A cheap shot was levelled. Guy can’t even get up. Officials dropped the ball. You back him up. 

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

If you wanted to know what complete and utter scum the Barclays Center people (Ratner and Yormark) are: Had this story confirmed for me by someone who would absolutely know: when there was talk the Isles wanted to play games at the Coliseum (Which the Barclays people operate) for the 3 years before Belmont opened Ratner ordered the pouring of concrete down the toilets in all the suites as an act of sabotage to make going back impossible. They also secretly funded the ridiculous lawsuit against the Belmont Arena.

ratner.jpg

10 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Nate Gerbe back in the NHL and having a nice west coast roadie with goals in LA and Anaheim.

Tonight goals against Ryan Miller.

Caught a Torterella interview on the radio the other day.  Very impressed.  Hard nosed guy, but choked up when talking about how Blue Jackets fans had donated a ton of money to the Torterella Family Foundation to help get dogs adopted in the area.  Effort was in response to him getting fined by the NHL.

Blue Jackets were 11 points out of the playoffs on December 7, and have gone 10-1-4 since to tie for the 8th seed.  All this while having the most injuries in the NHL.  They've done it with AHL guys and lunch pail type attitude.  Wish the Sabres had more of that attitude as a team.

Gerbe's name came up in relation to guys coming back from injury and decisions to be made on who to send back down when the time comes.  Torts:  "Gerbe's not going anywhere. I love that guy."  Apparently had brought a lot of energy and hard work to the room.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Caught a Torterella interview on the radio the other day.  Very impressed.  Hard nosed guy, but choked up when talking about how Blue Jackets fans had donated a ton of money to the Torterella Family Foundation to help get dogs adopted in the area.  Effort was in response to him getting fined by the NHL.

Blue Jackets were 11 points out of the playoffs on December 7, and have gone 10-1-4 since to tie for the 8th seed.  All this while having the most injuries in the NHL.  They've done it with AHL guys and lunch pail type attitude.  Wish the Sabres had more of that attitude as a team.

Gerbe's name came up in relation to guys coming back from injury and decisions to be made on who to send back down when the time comes.  Torts:  "Gerbe's not going anywhere. I love that guy."  Apparently had brought a lot of energy and hard work to the room.

Team loses Panarin, Duchene, Dzingel and Bob in free agency, then Murray, Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, and Anderson to injury and perform to the level you stated, and competing for the playoffs.  Impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, sabremike said:

isn't the entire point of the ASG to help fund the player's pension plan?

I have no idea why they play the ASG, to be honest.  And frankly I don't care whether or not they play in the Olympics.  If they do that's fine, but if not, that's fine too.

46 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I have no idea why they play the ASG, to be honest.  And frankly I don't care whether or not they play in the Olympics.  If they do that's fine, but if not, that's fine too.

The reasons are simple.  To allow the upper echelon employees of the league's sponsors to hobnob with the best the league has to offer for a weekend, and to allow casual fans a chance to see a 3 on 3 basketball game on ice.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The reasons are simple.  To allow the upper echelon employees of the league's sponsors to hobnob with the best the league has to offer for a weekend, and to allow casual fans a chance to see a 3 on 3 basketball game on ice.

And to give the vast majority of the league some much needed down time.

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

And to give the vast majority of the league some much needed down time.

Considered adding that as a rationale, but pretty sure the league brass really doesn't give a rat's bippy about the rank & file.  So, it probably isn't a reason for the ASG (though it gets claimed to be one).

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I love the Olympics when the best from every country is available. The players want the best on best opportunity as well.

9 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I love the Olympics when the best from every country is available. The players want the best on best opportunity as well.

Eh.  I'm still stuck in Miracle On Ice mode.  I know things change but I liked the old days when the athletes were (more or less) amateurs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I watch a lot of Jets games, and this isn't really a shot at the player, I've never seen a good player (yes, quite good) who stands out less than Mark Scheifele does while scoring at the rate he does. We're talking a near-top 10 league scorer who doesn't really ever look like the best player on the ice. 

The difference between watching him and Eichel is massive to the eye yet Scheifele is nearing him in points. Go figure. 

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You are my Brother.  I have no idea what this is all about.  Please explain yourself with that photo, eh.

That''s Ratner from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Edited by Eleven

19 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Hopefully not Ristolainen. Unless I'm missing something, he's really stepped it up this season.

I'd be heartbroken if we lost him, still remember that draft day. He's the only one of the two we have left after the Zadorov trade. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.