Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

On 12/30/2019 at 1:31 PM, apuszczalowski said:

Tantrums being thrown by fans on Facebook right now because of the time change

People complaining because they think everyone is now inconvenienced because of this......

I thought the change in schedule made perfect sense.

On 1/1/2020 at 7:00 PM, Cityo'Rasmii said:

I forget who the Nationals manager is. I think the umpire tossed him in Game 6 of the 2019 WS. He clearly turned the other cheek after the game and refused to criticize the officiating.

The rest is history.

4 minutes ago, Oliver_Cromwell said:

I forget who the Nationals manager is. I think the umpire tossed him in Game 6 of the 2019 WS. He clearly turned the other cheek after the game and refused to criticize the officiating.

The rest is history.

A positive outcome to be sure. . . I could be wrong but methinks Torts would be very challenged to turn the other cheek in this regard

2 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

A positive outcome to be sure. . . I could be wrong but methinks Torts would be very challenged to turn the other cheek in this regard

It's definitely not his style. He HATES to lose, regardless of the circumstances.

On 1/1/2020 at 7:48 PM, Eleven said:

They should fine the refs double.

The same blind ref missed a stick to the face to Ehlers and a hit from behind on Morrissey in the final 5 minutes or so of the Jets/Minny game yesterday. Then, he gave Wheeler a penalty in OT and Minny scored.

That ref is almost comical and it makes you wonder how he got hired. He reminds me of some of the refs from the 1972 summit series.

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

The same blind ref missed a stick to the face to Ehlers and a hit from behind on Morrissey in the final 5 minutes or so of the Jets/Minny game yesterday. Then, he gave Wheeler a penalty in OT and Minny scored.

That ref is almost comical and it makes you wonder how he got hired. He reminds me of some of the refs from the 1972 summit series.

The refs on the other side of the pond. I think one guy was East German.

If you wanted to know what complete and utter scum the Barclays Center people (Ratner and Yormark) are: Had this story confirmed for me by someone who would absolutely know: when there was talk the Isles wanted to play games at the Coliseum (Which the Barclays people operate) for the 3 years before Belmont opened Ratner ordered the pouring of concrete down the toilets in all the suites as an act of sabotage to make going back impossible. They also secretly funded the ridiculous lawsuit against the Belmont Arena.

Edited by sabremike

3 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If you wanted to know what complete and utter scum the Barclays Center people (Ratner and Yormark) are: Had this story confirmed for me by someone who would absolutely know: when there was talk the Isles wanted to play games at the Coliseum (Which the Barclays people operate) for the 3 years before Belmont opened Ratner ordered the pouring of concrete down the toilets in all the suites as an act of sabotage to make going back impossible. They also secretly funded the ridiculous lawsuit against the Belmont Arena.

The lesson here should be to not get into business with Russian Oligarchs and their associates 

Edited by #freejame
Disregard, looks like he sold the team to the owner of Ali Baba
  • Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, bunomatic said:

9-2 final Tampa/canucks

headshot in the Colorado game and Kadre hunts down and unloads on the hitter. Love it. Hold the p ricks responsible if the officials fail. No penalty on the play .

Yep, that'll show 'em. That'll be the end of headshots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.