Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

19 hours ago, Taro T said:

That going back to last time winning the SC or last time having been awarded it?

Because if it goes to WINNING it, there's at least 1 error there.

Would you feel the same way if roles had been reversed? Honest question. I feel like this is my worst nightmare. The Sabres win the Cup on an overtime goal, and replays show the puck never crossed the goal line, went through the side of the net, clearly was kicked in, went over the line after time expired, was in Eichel's underwear and he crawled into the net and pulled it out and dropped it on the ice, etc.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Would you feel the same way if roles had been reversed? Honest question. I feel like this is my worst nightmare. The Sabres win the Cup on an overtime goal, and replays show the puck never crossed the goal line, went through the side of the net, clearly was kicked in, went over the line after time expired, was in Eichel's underwear and he crawled into the net and pulled it out and dropped it on the ice, etc.

Would be glad the Sabres finally had THE trophy.  But would be very saddened/ frustrated that all the slings that get tossed the Stars and the Cheatriots way will be heading at the team we cheer for and us as well.

And, would hope that the officials figure it out and make the Sabres win it legitly (like in '99 vs the Loafs when we had a goal called back late in game 5 and then just went back out and scored it again) before we'd get to Dallas territory. 

Have gone many years without the hardware, pretty sure could make it a few more without it if the way it shakes out is fixing the obvious error keeps them from winning it all.. 

Edited by Taro T

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

DeBoer is a good coach with a shelf life, on a team whose vets are all hitting a wall at once. 

He's gonna go somewhere with a good roster and have a good amount of success.

Once that team failed to re-sign Pavelski, they were doomed. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, shrader said:

I just saw a great stat that I'm too lazy to verify.  DeBoer is the 5th coach to be fired since the Detroit Red Wings last won a game.

Dayum.  Some guys on the bubble might be willing to throw their backup in and run w/AHLers intentionally (unlike the Wings that do it out if necessity ? ) just to get out of Wabbit Season with all their feathers intact.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.