Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

8 minutes ago, Hank said:

You took my comment regarding the specific incident of a grown man maybe hurting another grown mans feelings five years ago and you generalized it because you take issue with my use of the term snowflake. You asserted that I insinuated that I'm okay with people acting like an ***** and essentially being a bully. I do not think it's okay for people to act like that and I did not insinuate otherwise. You DID bastardize my meaning, it WAS unscrupulous of you and it's NOT out of character. 

You're a hypocrite who loves personal attacks but can't take them. Block me. You're a joke if that's where you took my post. You overreacted. Your scruples are not mine thank God. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

You're a hypocrite who loves personal attacks but can't take them. Block me. You're a joke if that's where you took my post. You overreacted. Your scruples are not mine thank God. 

That post you quoted wasn't directed at you. 

2 minutes ago, Hank said:

I posted about a grown man hurting another grown mans feelings five years ago. You followed with a press release about a grown man demeaning kids today. They're not the same thing. Were you hoping I'd say the kids need to toughen up and get over it? No. It's horrible, we agree on that. I'm glad he was fired. What was your goal there? It wasn't to further discussion. 

Because I posted a team firing someone? They got fired for a similar offense. 

1 minute ago, Hank said:

That post you quoted wasn't directed at you. 

First one was. I'm just gonna stop responding because this is going to escalate fast.  Have a good day. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Because I posted a team firing someone? They got fired for a similar offense. 

Again. One is a grown man hurting another grown mans feelings five years ago. The other is a grown man demeaning kids today. They are not similar. 

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just a friendly tip: you may not be the best person to accuse someone of overreacting...

17 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Another one 

This is getting out of hand.   This stuff happened many years ago, same with Peters.    Not excusing what they did, but it was the culture back then.    Every coach I had from my teen years through college did things that would be considered completely unacceptable these days, from getting physically aggressive with players, racist comments here and there, belittling guys, etc...     That said, I'm glad that they're cleaning this stuff up, but there has to be some statute of limitations here.    It was a different era.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Hank said:

I posted about a grown man hurting another grown mans feelings five years ago. You followed with a press release about a grown man demeaning kids today. They're not the same thing. Were you hoping I'd say the kids need to toughen up and get over it? No. It's horrible, we agree on that. I'm glad he was fired. What was your goal there? It wasn't to further discussion. 

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Well, this was a horrible exchange that the 2 of you treated the rest of us to.

You both can do much better than this.

4 hours ago, Hank said:

You took my comment regarding the specific incident of a grown man maybe hurting another grown mans feelings five years ago and you generalized it because you take issue with my use of the term snowflake. You asserted that I insinuated that I'm okay with people acting like an ***** and essentially being a bully. I do not think it's okay for people to act like that and I did not insinuate otherwise. You DID bastardize my meaning, it WAS unscrupulous of you and it's NOT out of character. 

Franzen speaks up about abusive behavior of Mike Babcock from five years ago.  This is evidence of Babcock being an asshat and bullying.  You call him a snowflake and that you are not interested in hearing his whining over something from five years ago.  I think this clearly demonstrates that you have a tolerance level for people who act like this.  Because you didn't talk about Babcock, you spoke out against Franzen.

Your next response speaks to it being five years ago and that people change.  This seems to indicate that you want to put a statute of limitations on these things.  Which may be possible because people do change.

However, I argue that with Babcock is being accused of the same behavior more recently than five years ago.  Chelios has spoken out against him, Marner, we've seen the players stepping forward. There's no evidence of Babcock changing, just that he's been an asshat and a bully for quite some time.

So, is Franzen still the problem here for you?  Is Franzen still a snowflake?  Would that mean Chris Chelios is a snowflake as well?  How about the other players who are speaking up?  Are they snowflakes?

I wouldn't want to insinuate how you feel about them.  So, rather than hazard a guess based the words you use to state your position I will just ask point blank.

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I predicted this to my wife last night as she had one of her rare shows of interest in my game (incredulous that anyone could be down 5-0 to the Sabres).

I told my wife I was putting off going groceries because last time I went on game day I missed the first period. Needless to say she was skeptical it was a good reason. 

Felt GOOD that when she got home and looked at the score it was 5-0 in the first. Which she actually expressed excitement over. A rare win for me. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.