Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

5 hours ago, #freejame said:

I’ve kicked plenty of players while coaching and hit players in the head too (not Luke Adams level, but head taps for sure). There’s nothing wrong with either so long as it isn’t violent. Hockey is a loud game, gotta get people’s attention. 

Kicked players?  Seriously?  Why would ever kick a player?  What is the intent of you kicking them?

10 hours ago, LTS said:

Kicked players?  Seriously?  Why would ever kick a player?  What is the intent of you kicking them?

To tell them to go and/or get their attention. We share a bench, if they can’t hear or aren’t paying that great attention it’s much easier to kick them in the pants than it is to lean over and slap them on the helmet or pads. Again, I would imagine the majority of coaches do things like this because it’s entirely harmless. 

12 hours ago, LTS said:

Kicked players?  Seriously?  Why would ever kick a player?  What is tMhe intent of you kicking them?

I think you are imagining a hard full on swing and a big kick that would hurt. It’s not. More like a tap with a little umph to it. It’s harmless thru all the padding. Attention getter. Nothing more.

56 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think you are imagining a hard full on swing and a big kick that would hurt. It’s not. More like a tap with a little umph to it. It’s harmless thru all the padding. Attention getter. Nothing more.

Aye.  In the interest of being much clearer on initial conveyance I would probably say, "I've tapped/nudged guy with my foot while walking behind them on the bench to get their attention." 

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

To tell them to go and/or get their attention. We share a bench, if they can’t hear or aren’t paying that great attention it’s much easier to kick them in the pants than it is to lean over and slap them on the helmet or pads. Again, I would imagine the majority of coaches do things like this because it’s entirely harmless. 

Yep, I don't disagree.  It was just your initial statement stating you kick them when in the context of the conversation Bill Peters KICKED players.  So it came across, to me, slightly different.

21 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Canada is so hopeless holy *****.  The PM can wear blackface a decade ago and get re-elected, but a hockey coach allegedly said a slur a decade ago and he's immediately punished?  Do Canadians really put up with these wackos?

They are investigating the allegation made against him and others that now seem to be coming out. He hasn't been punished or fired yet. 

And yes, the PM wore makeup to darken his skin years ago as part of costumes at parties, had to apologize and still managed to get re-elected, mostly because now one this side of Saskatchewan trusted the other option.....

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What is the connection between Karmanos and Seattle?  

None.

I believe he said he would have fired Peters in Carolina had he known about the kicking on the bench incident.

Ron Francis issued a statement that he had told ownership about this incident at the time. He did not want to be a wheel chock for the bus. He was part of the “old school club” that kept this quiet.

45 minutes ago, French Collection said:

None.

I believe he said he would have fired Peters in Carolina had he known about the kicking on the bench incident.

Ron Francis issued a statement that he had told ownership about this incident at the time. He did not want to be a wheel chock for the bus. He was part of the “old school club” that kept this quiet.

So is the idea that Seattle might fire Francis because he was complicit?  I could understand that.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

So is the idea that Seattle might fire Francis because he was complicit?  I could understand that.

Yes, the Seattle Organization has been progressive in their hirings from their Director of Analytics Alex Mandrcky to Cammi Granato as a full time scout, keeping Francis might be considered counterintuitive to that. 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Yes, the Seattle Organization has been progressive in their hirings from their Director of Analytics Alex Mandrcky to Cammi Granato as a full time scout, keeping Francis might be considered counterintuitive to that. 

Carolina pretty obviously had some splits in the hockey department.

Impossible to tell if from this distance if Francis or Karmanos is the one lying. Francis always seemed like a classy hockey player and Karmanos a greasy billionaire, but that might just be my bias showing.

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Carolina pretty obviously had some splits in the hockey department.

Impossible to tell if from this distance if Francis or Karmanos is the one lying. Francis always seemed like a classy hockey player and Karmanos a greasy billionaire, but that might just be my bias showing.

The NHL will have to sort this out. 

Dundon, his replacement made his billion as a subprime auto loan king, so the greasy label is appropriate for him as well. 

He is smart enough to let his hockey department make on ice decisions. Although He refused to pay a 7.5 Million Dollar Signing Bonus as well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.