Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

12 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Hadnt heard about bleed.. but his career likely over... and long term effects depending on extent of bleed... having CTd a number of them and dealt with followups post... always some defict... think along the lines of a stroke.

Here is what a neurosurgeon had to say about it...

Based on the mechanism of injury and the news report, I think he has a cerebral contusion, basically a bruise in the brain.
That intracranial injury would be a separate issue from the laceration to the scalp and/or external ear, which required stitches (it’s not important to count the number of stitches exactly, so the estimated number is no surprise), and the ruptured ear drum.
Little wouldn’t likely have been kept in hospital unless there was intracranial bleeding (the contusion I’m suspecting he has). A scalp injury and ruptured eardrum wouldn’t require observation.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Contusions are common with concussions, basically what they are, bleeds are more consistent with some sort of skull fracture... the eardrum rupture could really effect his equilibrium and take a while to recover from let alone if a more serious bleed required placement of a shunt to reduce any swelling.... post balance issues I have seen a lot of and even seizure from trauma like this... That being said it really depends on the extent of the bleed and or contusion and if surgery is/was required.

Edited by North Buffalo

7 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

1 point away from 9th. These guys better wake up tomorrow and stop the slide....

They can't win if they don't play.  They had most of last week off, and all of this week. But yes, they do need to win.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/06/2019 at 11:51 PM, Ducky said:

Anyone hear about this? Little has had some really bad luck with injuries the past few seasons. The Jets season is looking worse each passing day...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6137909/winnipeg-jets-bryan-little-suffered-brain-bleed-during-game-hit-to-the-head/

Geez.  Thought of Normand Leveille when saw your post.  Looks like it is nothing similar and he'll have a much better prognisis.  Good for him

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

Proving once again that refs are just awful and biased. Why did Clifford get the only penalty?

Nothing else was worthy of a call IMO.  Also, I disagree with the narrator; I think that was a good call on Clifford.  

Edited by Eleven

On 11/8/2019 at 1:16 AM, North Buffalo said:

Contusions are common with concussions, basically what they are, bleeds are more consistent with some sort of skull fracture... the eardrum rupture could really effect his equilibrium and take a while to recover from let alone if a more serious bleed required placement of a shunt to reduce any swelling.... post balance issues I have seen a lot of and even seizure from trauma like this... That being said it really depends on the extent of the bleed and or contusion and if surgery is/was required.

If you are a wrestling fan this is the injury (suffered after he delivered essentially a shoot headbutt in a match that was incredibly stupid and dangerous) NJPW's Katsua Shibata suffered that essentially ended his career (although it looks like he may be able to have another match but he will never be able to work full time again).

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

A brain bleed is what ended Joe Mesi’s boxing career.  And my son suffered one in a car accident when he was in middle school.  It took 4 years before he was right again.

Id be concerned if I were a Jets fan.

OT but hope your son is doing well and has no lasting effects. Also a reminder that there are far worse things than a crap hockey team.

Edited by sabremike
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

That should include the Sabres Back to Back with the Leafs 

Man, wonder who the Leafs play next? Would be a real shame if they were playing a team that is one of the best in the league who will be motivated like hell to flatten them in front of the most hostile and wild atmosphere you will see at an NHL game in 2019.

*Checks schedule*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

Anyone see Don Cherry's comments about poppies???

????

Yup, just found it... in the States he'd be out of a job... tired of his stick... can't watch his phobic rants anymore and even his hockey analysis has fallen way off.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, millbank said:

It’s funny. If he doesn’t use the word “you,” and just says people, I bet nobody thinks it’s offensive (as it is barely offensive to begin with.)

9 minutes ago, millbank said:

Don Cherry is 85., The segment on HNIC has had its times . Both good and bad., It does seem tired now and it would be nice if he step out at seasons end., The knives are out for him will be interesting if he allowed that.

I'm a bit shocked to see that McClean is only 59.  He's looking a bit older than that clip.

30 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm a bit shocked to see that McClean is only 59.  He's looking a bit older than that clip.

He's been working with Don Cherry for about 35 years, the 1st 20 or so as a "dum-dum" which was about the nicest thing Cherry ever said to him early on.

You'd probably look a bit older than your natural years too.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.