Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

30 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^
Yeah. I read Josi at $9M as good for the Sabres with Dahlin, if anything.

With the way Dahlin’s been playing of late, I find myself thinking less of the contract he will command.

Especially when the cap-hit estimates for Dahlin flung around this board over the summer were as high as $12mil if memory serves.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Well, you all are either considerably more pessimistic than I am regarding Dahlin's development, or more optimistic regarding what he will command as a salary.

A $9 million dollar defenseman better damn-well be good!  We're not talking Scandella level here.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

idk if it will happen but I could see the Leafs being the team that fades down the stretch. I am sure I will be wrong but I think there's a chance. 

Not counting the shortened lockout year, there's been, what, maybe 1 year they DIDN'T fade down the stretch this decade?  The Loafs failing in the spring is like maple leaves falling in the fall.  It's only noticeable when it doesn't happen. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

Well, you all are either considerably more pessimistic than I am regarding Dahlin's development, or more optimistic regarding what he will command as a salary.

4 hours ago, ... said:

A $9 million dollar defenseman better damn-well be good!  We're not talking Scandella level here.

I’ve felt for some time that Dahlin will sign a deal that matches Eichel’s.  It just feels right.  Enough to acknowledge the player he is and his vast potential, while at the same time not “showing up” the team captain.  Just a gut feeling.

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

^
Yeah. I read Josi at $9M as good for the Sabres with Dahlin, if anything.

With the way Dahlin’s been playing of late, I find myself thinking less of the contract he will command.

Dahlin will be a Norris nominee in 3 years.    8 years 10 million is my guess 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Curt said:

I’ve felt for some time that Dahlin will sign a deal that matches Eichel’s.  It just feels right.  Enough to acknowledge the player he is and his vast potential, while at the same time not “showing up” the team captain.  Just a gut feeling.

I hope you're right.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

This is funny.

That is exquisite content. That guy earned a follow from me. #helmetoffparty

9 hours ago, freester said:

Dahlin will be a Norris nominee in 3 years.    8 years 10 million is my guess 

I hope so. That outcome seems less certain now than it did a few weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.