Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

It was the Heritage Classic, an all Canadian team game, held every once in a while.

I guess it’s not promoted in the US. The networks are not interested.

It was a good game. Interesting locale, Mosaic stadium, football stadium in Regina Saskatchewan  nearly halfway between Winnipeg and Calgary.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

Between NHL teams?  I didn't hear one word about it.  Maybe it's time to scale back these games a bit?  Or advertise, a little?  

I heard about it ahead of time.

3 hours ago, French Collection said:

I guess it’s not promoted in the US. The networks are not interested.

And yet it was broadcast on NBCSN.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:14 PM, LTS said:

There's a very immature part of me that wishes his first name started with an S.

But.. yeah.. it's not good.  Worse than Toronto?  I don't know.  

When you are hoping boo low gets back from injury soon, your D is a mess...

37 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

But at what cost?

Detroit’s offense is ass right now and needs the help. Perlini has a lot of potential, just hasn’t put it together yet. He at least gives them speed, which seems to be the theme Detroit is moving towards with AA et al.  Seems like a good hockey trade to me. 

Edited by triumph_communes

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Detroit’s offense is ass right now and needs the help. Perlini has a lot of potential, just hasn’t put it together yet. He at least gives them speed, which seems to be the theme Detroit is moving towards with AA et al.  Seems like a good hockey trade to me. 

In my opinion, you cant call anything a good trade unless you know what was given up. Maybe Detroit gave up way too much.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Every now and then we go through a year where the complexion of the league changes. This sure looks like one of those years.

Vancouver had a kinda similar offseason to the Sabres: they added a handful of vets to a good core of youngsters and created some much-needed organizational depth.

Like Buffalo, the fans were all “yeah, but...” because none of the moves were homeruns, but also like Buffalo there were enough singles and doubles to make a difference.

Now everyone is all paranoid, just waiting for the bubble to burst. I’m not so sure it will.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.