Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

20 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Jack Edwards, ladies and gentlemen.

Btw, the immediate “self induced” observation from the colour guy isn’t great either.

It seems only fitting that those dastardly Bruins should have equally dastardly announcers. They have always been terrible and always will be terrible.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, millbank said:

Alex Nylander scores for Blackhawks 

Good for him.  Jokiharju played a quite solid game as well.

Might we have actually had a hockey trade that worked for both teams?  (Probably not, Alex most likely will Alex, but it is possible.)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Good for him.  Jokiharju played a quite solid game as well.

Might we have actually had a hockey trade that worked for both teams?  (Probably not, Alex most likely will Alex, but it is possible.)

Well, if he skates with Kane regularly, it'll basically be impossible not to produce. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

We wish him well! Except when he plays against the Sabres.

I wish him well as well but to a point. If he puts up 30 goals this year, i'm gonna have a hard time coping with that.

But so far that trade looks like both teams got what they wanted. Time will tell of course

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, millbank said:

In four season opening games Austin Matthews has 9 goals. Yes that’s with 4 his first game. Like him or no . If he stays healthy will have huge year. 
Also  to note it be a huge surprise he still a Leaf when he free to go elsewhere 

My take is he is gone in the fifth season of his deal. He will not extend and the Leafs don’t want to lose him for nothing.

36 minutes ago, millbank said:

I believe you are right. Can’t see him as long term Leaf. 

I think the Leaves would have loved to not sign him this time around, but what could they do.  There best shot at a cup in in the next few years and with him on the team.

If the Leaves ever win a cup with him he will be traded that very offseason, maybe even before the parade.  That's not to say that I think they will win a cup, as I don't.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.