Around the NHL 2019-20

Eleven

5 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Around the NHL 2019-20: Electric Booglaoo Aplenty

Apparently you know great low budget, 80’s musical sequels too.   I can’t believe they were able to secure all the main characters from Breakin’.  Shaba Doo, Michael Chambers and Lucinda Dickey.  Mix in a rehashed plot, the same breakdance moves, a fresh soundtrack and some new middle aged WASPs and you have celluloid gold.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

hkkip5asm4q31.jpg

Also, this is officially the start of the last season we will be paying Villie Leino

Meanwhile Diepetro is still getting $1.5 million a year for 10 more seasons (counting this one).  It's no Bobby Bonilla, but it's a nice deal if you can get it.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Josie should definitely do one, but what's wrong with this one?

I honestly don't see much wrong with it. Perspective and colors are fine, and I really enjoy a lot of the little detailed jokes worked into the players.

I see an either stylistic choice or a "we need this ambitious project ASAP' situation, meriting the kinda uncomfortable filter-over-photo technique for faces/trophies. The issue, speaking from an art-prof-crit standpoint is you have a much chunkier/simpler style for rendering uniforms/shoes and then photorealism for faces. It blends, fairly well, but has a touch of uncanny oof to it. But it's cute, and overall works pretty successfully.

But truth, I'm just happy to see illustration being used.

Maybe someday I'll get my shot!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Josie should definitely do one, but what's wrong with this one?

It's largely unfinished. There are multiple different styles going on from hyper-detail in the faces to extremely basic graphic design in the environment, jerseys, etc. The perspectives are really janky on the poses and a lot of them don't look like they utilized any reference.

It almost looks like they had two different artists work on it, one illustrating the heads, another doing the more graphic-design based stuff. The end result is sloppy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.