Sobotka and the 2nd line

LGR4GM

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm hoping for the best but I'm prepared for the reality

It’s 5:38 am and I’m bleary eyed.   Had this maxim revealed itself to me four hours ago, I’d have made my way to a tattoo parlor, posthaste.

Edited by Neo
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Neo said:

It’s 5:38 am and I’m bleary eyed.   Had this maxim revealed itself to me four hours ago, I’d have made my way to a tattoo parlor, posthaste.

But you found your way back home... 

Vlad's response... but i vont to sook your blaod...

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I don't like the approach, we've seen it before and those guys typically end up turning pucks over and whatnot, killing offensive chances. 

But, Kruger is new so we'll give him a chance here before crucifying him.

Hard to play defense if you just maintain puck possession in the offensive zone. 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The eye test matches his advanced metrics over the past two years as both are not good. 

The past two seasons indicate he should be in the AHL or KHL, not in the Top Six of any NHL Team. 

Playing him in the Top Six is a bad decision, keeping him there for numerous games is a horrible one. 

Do you care how he plays in those games? Or have you already decided. Trust RaKru.

55 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Do you care how he plays in those games? Or have you already decided. Trust RaKru.

I understand the frustration and the skepticism of Sabres Fans for this organization, but I also realize that Krueger hasn’t even coached a regular season game as of yet and he deserves the chance to grow into the role.

I’ll be watching for how quickly he corrects lines that are not working and how he matches lines with opponents.

Metrics and history do say that this year Vlad will be closer to what he has been over the past two seasons, no longer an effective a NHL Player. But if HCRK wants to give him a try...Ok.

• Like (+1) 2

The amount of sturm und drang around here about Sobotka is close to unprecedented.

It's almost 100% likely he either won't start on the 2nd line, or that if he does the experiment will be over by the end of game 3.

Millions of bytes of data on this board will have given their lives for nothing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The amount of sturm und drang around here about Sobotka is close to unprecedented.

It's almost 100% likely he either won't start on the 2nd line, or that if he does the experiment will be over by the end of game 3.

Millions of bytes of data on this board will have given their lives for nothing.

That's 5 games too long. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

He's more than a marginal NHL player, he's a symbol of the mediocrity that has mired the franchise for nearly a decade and the general feeling permeating the fan base that things aren't going to get better.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He's more than a marginal NHL player, he's a symbol of the mediocrity that has mired the franchise for nearly a decade and the general feeling permeating the fan base that things aren't going to get better.

This is either sturm or drang. It seems more drangy, but what do I know?

• Haha (+1) 2

He shouldn't be on the Amerks 2nd line, let alone the Sabres 2nd line. Him starting there has completely sucked any hope out of this season, this coach, and this GM that I may have had. It's infuriating, and incomprehensible that this is actually happening in practice, let alone opening night.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Man. 

This last week has convinced me I'm not watching the same league as anyone else. At this point, that's all I have to say. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Man. 

This last week has convinced me I'm not watching the same league as anyone else. At this point, that's all I have to say. 

LOL. I think you misread that. I was talking about what Vlad represents to the fan base, not his abilities on the ice.

It doesn’t mean he’s better than a marginal player. He’s the Matt Ellis of marginal.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

LOL. I think you misread that. I was talking about what Vlad represents to the fan base, not his abilities on the ice.

It doesn’t mean he’s better than a marginal player. He’s the Matt Ellis of marginal.

Fair enough! I know you're not a Vlad guy. But I'll leave the post there given how easily a surprising amount of people seem to be accepting the goofiest roster decision since we blew up our 2017-18 season with a couple of them

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2

Replacing Sobotka with a good player was one of my metrics for measuring an improved  lineup. 

Not finding a legit ROR replacement at 2C forces Johansson to 2C.  Olofsson plus Johansson and Vessey at wing were the keys to making Sobotka expendable but we need a real 2C as Mitts is not ready.  

Looking forward to Thursday.  Love my Sabre’s! 

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It obviously gets on peoples nerves so I'm going to stop harping over and over about Sobotka. I'm ready to watch the games, and I'll have my camera the whole season. That's all I have to say about that 

Noooooo. Keep going! It makes me giggle. Not as much as LGR, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.