LeBrun: How Krueger plans to unlock the vast potential in Buffalo

dudacek

49 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I don't think Ilitch had the same good judgment when he first started out as an owner.  I mean, there is no Masters of Sports Team Ownership; you have to learn on the fly.

He clearly didn't.  The way he funked with the #'s on those classic sweaters was almost criminal. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

meh this isn't new sounding, just different wording. We've been told for a while we have all these talented forwards and yet, outside of the top line from last year, none of them can score. We added Johanson, and when healthy yes, he can score. Vesey is a reclamation project. Olofsson maybe but he's still unproven. Really, compared to good teams our forward group is far from impressive. move the puck up to them quicker? That sounds like Housley redux. How about keep it out of our net? 

We shall see. 

Vesey a reclamation project? He isnt a superstar but we could use his consistent 17 goals a year on this team.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Vesey a reclamation project? He isnt a superstar but we could use his consistent 17 goals a year on this team.

I call him a reclamation project because he was supposed to become a first or second line top forward (there was lots of talk about pairing him with Jack when Murray was wooing him) but after a fast start played his way downwards in the NY lineup. For us, I suppose we have to find out if he's an upgrade on Pommer or not. I think the Sabres view him as an upgrade, we have to wait and see.

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I don't think Ilitch had the same good judgment when he first started out as an owner.  I mean, there is no Masters of Sports Team Ownership; you have to learn on the fly.

Do we need to go over who his first (major, anyway) hire was? Again?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.