Around the NHL Summer 2019

spndnchz

58 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Lots of parting ways in Carolina - a goalie coach, likely their goalies themselves, an AHL coach, a 40 goal scoring winger 

It seems like the owner doesn’t want to pay anyone.  Maybe he doesn’t think Aho is worth $10M?  Ripe for an offer sheet or trade?  Am I too optimistic after the Miller trade?  Lol.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Lots of parting ways in Carolina - a goalie coach, likely their goalies themselves, an AHL coach, a 40 goal scoring winger 

That thing is going to fall apart so fast. It’s going to be today’s version of the video scouting days here, he’s not just hoarding sugar packets, he’s dumping the entire contents of the salt and pepper shakers into ziplock bags. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

It seems like the owner doesn’t want to pay anyone.  Maybe he doesn’t think Aho is worth $10M?  Ripe for an offer sheet or trade?  Am I too optimistic after the Miller trade?  Lol.  

If you front loaded the contract with Max Signing Bonuses paid out in July 2019 and July 2020 that might make Tom Dundon think twice. 

Just break even, seems like a phrase he would use. 

Montreal been moving out quite some cap.   after trading away shaw and deslauriers they have 13 mill in cap space and 3 RFA's to sign.

If any team could do an offersheet to Aho/Marner I think its them.     I can see them going after Aho though.

41 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Montreal been moving out quite some cap.   after trading away shaw and deslauriers they have 13 mill in cap space and 3 RFA's to sign.

If any team could do an offersheet to Aho/Marner I think its them.     I can see them going after Aho though.

Aho would be the better choice to offer sheet.  

But this is Bergevin and Marner plays for a rival, so IMHO who they're creating cap space for is a toss up.

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So if Weber doesn't play out his 8 years, which he says he probably won't, the Canadiens are going to get ***** with that recapture, no?

AeyCHjw.png

I think it’s the Preds who would get it. They signed the contract with him.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So if Weber doesn't play out his 8 years, which he says he probably won't, the Canadiens are going to get ***** with that recapture, no?

AeyCHjw.png

Habs could be alright, as thry had him for 2 years at $12/ yr and are now down to $6 / yr.

The Preds'll be hosed as he got $14 / yr while there with a ~$7.6 cap hit.

• Thanks (+1) 1